Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

International to International Transit in YVR or YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2008, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond

Is there any Canadian airport where you can do an International to International transit without going through Immigrations? I am looking at MEX-YVR-NRT as an example? What about YYZ?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by dg4255
Is there any Canadian airport where you can do an International to International transit without going through Immigrations? I am looking at MEX-YVR-NRT as an example? What about YYZ?
YES in YYZ, avoid YVR if you can, the airport is under construction and not very good at the moment. Looking at where you want to go YVR makes more sense.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 9:43 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold; AE; AA Platinum; Club Carlson Gold; SPG Gold; HHonorsGold, Accor Platinum
There is no reason to avoid YVR - there is no construction on the international side - that has been complete for over a year and the new part is beautiful. You can transit without going through customs.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by why fly
YES in YYZ, avoid YVR if you can, the airport is under construction and not very good at the moment. Looking at where you want to go YVR makes more sense.
T1 to T1 connection only at YYZ, not T1 to T3 or T3 to T3 or T3 to T1 connections.

In any case, unlike many other countries, you'll still have to present your passport for inspection by Canadian Border Services Agency albeit a simplified process.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Originally Posted by dg4255
If you are on Air Canada in J class, go thru YVR to NRT on the airbus 330. Choose a seat in rows 1 thru 5. If you are in Y, go through YYZ to NRT on the 777.

If you enjoy airport experiences then here is my opinion...

YVR is quiet and stunningly beautiful with art (sculptures, installations, native art), water features (huge aquariums, indoor streams) and tonnes of outdoor views. It is a pleasure to spend a little time exploring.

YYZ is brand new too, but I find it way overstated, white, loud, sterile and an assault on your senses. (how do I really feel eh?)

Both airports offer easy international-international transfers with the passport check.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 10:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Originally Posted by why fly
Most of the construction is outside now on the train line. Nothing going on at the international concourse anymore - unless something has started in the past couple weeks.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
IMHO YVR used to be a great airport to transit through, now its NOT Customs is a nighmare, CND to US transit is a long long walk if you dont arrive at the right time. Areas close in late afternoon. A rental car is the walk from hell through a temporary walkway.
I dont really care how the airport looks but YVR wins HANDS down! I just want to get to my desination.

I guess YVR will get better as AC pulls its flights from YVR. This week alone AC pulled a lot of traffic, and more cutbacks to yvr are coming I,m sure.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:58 am

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
US-Int'l requires a customs check and going through security again in YVR.

A few weeks ago I did SEA-YVR-LHR, and got hauled into secondary after using my NEXUS. SEA-YVR was AS, YVR-LHR.

I was right royally pissed off, as I was on a very short connection on two separate tickets (yes, yes, I know, on the latter).

I let them know about it as well. Surprisingly, that didn't get me the latex glove treatment, I think they saw how ridiculous it was given I was not staying in the country for more than two seconds with any extra bottles of wine (TM) I might have.

Simon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.