Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

So what's the deal with flight pass upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2008, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE (MM), Hilton-Diamond (lifetime)

The website says:

"Flight Pass bookings may be upgraded on the day of departure and one day prior, subject to availability."

In my experience that meant 12:01 AM Montreal time the day before the flight was scheduled to leave. Worked for me in the past.
I am trying to book an upgrade for a flight out of Calgary on Wednesday May 21st and the web site will not let me upgrade now at 12:35 eastern. I called the SE line and I was told it is now a firm 24hrs before departure. Anyone else heard this?
Old May 20, 2008, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Definitely not true.

On Sunday around 6 a.m., I upgraded my Monday YYZ-ORD 7 a.m. flight as well as return flight at 7:30 p.m.

However, I also had a back up earlier return (5:25 p.m.) in case my meeting ended early, and I could not upgrade that one. But that flight was sold out and there was no I availability. I wasn't even able to put myself on the stand by list. Just got a message that upgrades could not be booked more than 24 hrs out or there was no availability.

As it turns out, I did catch the earlier flight and did not get the upgrade, but I preferred getting home earlier on my "day off"!

Last edited by margarita girl; May 20, 2008 at 5:14 am
Old May 20, 2008, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE (MM), Hilton-Diamond (lifetime)
Success now at 6:15 AM so who knows?
Old May 20, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Maybe AC is getting ready to tack on a new surcharge that will allow us to do upgrades outside a 24h window.
Old May 20, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy lifetime platinum elite
i upgraded my YUL-YYZ flight scheduled for 10am on the 21st at exactly 8am today. never had an issue by upgrading anytime past 12:01 Montreal time the day prior to the flight.
Old May 20, 2008, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC*E, PC*Plat, IC*RoyalAmb
Some time in the past month or two I stopped being able to upgrade at 12:01am et. It seems to be fine it you do it at 1 or 2am et and definitely will let you do it in the morning. I think there was another thread discussing it with some speculation it was due to DST.
Old May 21, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
It seems to vary. I had to wait until after 1am EDT this morning to upgrade a Thursday flight. Last week I was able to upgrade at 12:01am EDT. Perhaps it depends on the server you actually connect to.
Old May 22, 2008, 5:31 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I cannot believe this is still a problem!?!?
What the heck is wrong with AC IT? There must be at least 5 or 6 threads on the same subject, but still the problem is not solved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.