Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Amex AeroplanPlus Bonus Offer (Targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Along with my monthly statement was an insert with the following:

Originally Posted by American Express
OUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION:
HELP YOU DO IT SOONER.

You can receive 1,000 BONUS Aeroplan Miles when you charge at least $3,000 this Febrary on your American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card.

This February, get what you want with American Express so you can go where you want. All you have to do is charge at least $3,000 in new purchases on your American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card between Feb. 1-Feb. 29, 2008. And as a BONUS you can receive 1,000 Aeroplan Miles, so you can start planning your next adventure a lot sooner.
The fine print includes "Offer only available to those American Express AeroplanPlus Cardmembers who were recipients of this offer by mail from American Express."

I find this interesting. The volume of transactions on my card was way down last month since my MBNA SPG Mastercard spending has been reset, but the dollar value was still the second highest this membership year (starts in July).
I also received a separate mailing from Amex with a survey asking me to compare my Amex and most-used non-Amex cards.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC 50K E, A3 Gold, CX Gold
hmm, i guess since i signed up for online bills that i won't get any inserts =( nor will be informed of such offers...
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by akide
hmm, i guess since i signed up for online bills that i won't get any inserts =( nor will be informed of such offers...

Yes I guess this will be the case for me also.

Last edited by getaround; Jan 28, 2008 at 3:08 pm
Old Jan 27, 2008, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
I received a Chapters/Indigo $25 gift card in the mail last week from Amex.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IIRC,my form said a minimum 6K spend for 3500 points.

Different numbers for different spending types?
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:56 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K
Me too...

Originally Posted by aaac
I received a Chapters/Indigo $25 gift card in the mail last week from Amex.
I got that one as well...nice gesture considering that I charged over $225,000 to the card...hmmm...at an average discount of say, 3%, my business netted them $6,750...boy, am I in the wrong business!
Old Jan 28, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by akide
Me too

Is there a separate way to still receive bonuses?
Old Jan 28, 2008, 4:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Elite)
Originally Posted by CXYYZ
Along with my monthly statement was an insert with the following:

The fine print includes "Offer only available to those American Express AeroplanPlus Cardmembers who were recipients of this offer by mail from American Express."

I find this interesting. The volume of transactions on my card was way down last month since my MBNA SPG Mastercard spending has been reset, but the dollar value was still the second highest this membership year (starts in July).
I also received a separate mailing from Amex with a survey asking me to compare my Amex and most-used non-Amex cards.
Thanks for the heads up. Time to intercept the mail before my significant other finds out....not that she needs a reason to hit $3k in spending, but why give her an excuse???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.