Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Gift Certificate?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Air Canada Gift Certificate?

Hi people

My family and I were planning on purchasing gift certificates for my aunt, grandmother and uncle for Air Canada (which is great for when my aunt and grandmother want to go back to Port of Spain, TT)...and well I was wondering...does such a thing exist? I searched online (and here) and well, according to a globe and mail article from 2002 (i think), it says all I have to do is go to an AC ticket counter and it can be done...but of course that was in 2002, and this is 2007...needless to say a lot of things could have changed.

So yeah does this option still exist?

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2007, 8:18 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

As far as I know, you just have to call AC reservations to purchase the gift of travel. They will issue it as an electronic MCO and you'll be sent a travel voucher that you can give as a gift.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 8:56 am

Welcome to FT

With the popularity of gift cards these days, and AC's constant desire to get our money before we travel (flight passes) I would have thought they'd have a AC branded gift card by now especially given the fact they have two financial partners CIBC and AMEX. Don't know how hard it would be to get a AC branded pre-paid card from either.

I would point out to the OP that AC MCO's cannot be applied towards taxes and fee's.

That's like saying my gift certificate doesn't go toward my total purchase only the sub-total.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Thank you Andrew and imverge (and for the warm welcome as well)

This info helps me out greatly, and will make sure to pass it down to the powers that be.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Hey people

Just a follow up...when my father called to purchase these MCOs from Air Canada Reservations, the person had no idea what my father was talking about and said all he could purchase for a gift was Aeroplan points...anyways..when I tried (cause afterall you guys wouldn't give me bad advice..would you...this poor n00b lol) they told me that I could do them over the phone (and they would mail them to me, or was it email them to me), or I could go to the airport.

Anyways although I had a project due in a few days (friendly advice, if you ever have to code in R, drink a lot of booze prior to doing so) I zoomed over to YOW, and about 45 mins later I had 4 MCOs (well actually EMCOs labelled "Gift of Travel"); the Air Canada rep hadnt done them in a while, and noticed that they had a new method (and also she did it over the phone concurrently with another Air Canada agent)

Thanks again guys

Last edited by yowstudent; Jan 5, 2008 at 10:51 pm
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Is it still possible to buy AC gift cards/certs?

As part of a FlexPerks redemption on AC, I have 3x$25 allowance to use up for expenses that must be charged by AC. Since my flights are short, I won't be buying anything on-board, so I thought I should try and maximize the allowance, if possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.