Wiki Posts
Search

Points before membership

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2007, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Points before membership

Hi, i tried searching retroactive and missing points etc.
Does Aeroplan have a policy not to award any points on flights taken before becoming a member?
Old Oct 15, 2007, 7:02 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
I'm not sure that it is a written policy, but it makes sense that you would not start to accrue points until you become a member. Prior to that there would be no way to track the flights you've taken, and no way to decide how far back you might take the points into account. The only situation where something like this occurs is when there's a special promotion in which you can register after the beginning of that period, then get points credited retroactively.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
I know some airlines have policies for this. A couple weeks or up to 3 months.

Reason I ask is because my coworker flies at least 2 flights every two weeks for the past 4 months now on paid T+ tickets so it's sad to not get the credit.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Nope. You only get miles once you have an AE account and there is no retroactivity. You can apply online to get an AE number, and even if this is not recorded on your boarding pass/PNR, you'd be permitted to claim miles if your account was opened prior to the flight. While some carriers used to permit a "buy-back" of about 3-months, this pretty much disappeared years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.