Wiki Posts
Search

SE waitlisted for (paid) J

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
SE waitlisted for (paid) J

First time doing this, seek advice. I'm trying to fly paid J from YOW to LHR on the direct flight this Sat. J is sold out so I'm confirmed in Y and (according to our corp travel agent) waitlisted in J. Should I be doing anything special to follow up and get into J, or will it all be automated (and I hope that with SE status and a full fare J ticket I will be high up the waitlist). Thanks for advice.

(Reiterating this is not an upgrade request, but a paid J class waitlisting)
Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by montrealer
First time doing this, seek advice. I'm trying to fly paid J from YOW to LHR on the direct flight this Sat. J is sold out so I'm confirmed in Y and (according to our corp travel agent) waitlisted in J. Should I be doing anything special to follow up and get into J, or will it all be automated (and I hope that with SE status and a full fare J ticket I will be high up the waitlist). Thanks for advice.

(Reiterating this is not an upgrade request, but a paid J class waitlisting)
One would think this would be some discounted business class (C or Z) that's at least cheaper than flexible economy? Otherwise, if it turns out J stays full, one would cancel this and replace it by some Latitude Plus or something?
Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:31 am

Programs: AC Elite
You might want to see if you can fly through YUL or YYZ to guarantee a J seat.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: AC SE (+1MM)
Waitlist priority is Status (your at the top) then fair paid (again your at, or near the top). Your chances are good but if I was in your shoes I would connect in Toronto and take the 777. Currently AC 463 and AC 848 have J availability.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan ;BA GOLD;HH GOLD;FAIRMONT PREMIER;SPG GOLD;PR PASS.
Isn't that flight always full in J?
Why doesn't AC uses a larger aircraft on this route?
I remember they used a 747 on this route with a stop in YUL...upgrade success was quite good in those days!

wali
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:17 am

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
I have done this quite often generally on the dayliner YYZ-LHR, phone the concierge and let them know, I have had 100% success in securing a "J" seat usually a couple of days in advance.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:38 am
ALW

I'd be worried the flight would leave full. Better perhaps to connect in YUL. Later flights from YUL too (10pm vs. 6pm)

=aw
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:56 am

Programs: AC 50K MM, HH DIA, GP DIA, SPG PLT, Delta Gold, Farimont Plat
Originally Posted by ALW
I'd be worried the flight would leave full. Better perhaps to connect in YUL. Later flights from YUL too (10pm vs. 6pm)

=aw
Looks like 5 free seats on the Toronto one...
Also, if your company is of any size, you may have a discounted J fare, identified as JCORP. In the past, I've been trumped by full fare J fares due to this discount...

[KVS Availability Tool 2.9.1/Platinum - Apollo: ITN/US-ARL]
[CODE]YYZ Toronto Pearson Int'l ON CA [CYYZ]
LHR London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
SAT 29 Sep 2007

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- --------------------------------------------
AC 848 YYZ 20:50 LHR 08:35 +1 77W 0 J5 C0 Z0 Y9 M9 U9 B9 H9 V9 Q0 L0 A0 K0 N0 I0
Old Sep 26, 2007, 3:38 pm
ALW

I know you guys are all pushing the YYZ connection to get the 777's J cabin, but having just flown LHR-YYZ-YUL, I think I'd happily do LHR-YUL-YOW over LHR-YYZ-YOW, that extra time going west and then back again was just too much.

Of course if there were any chance I'd be in the front cabin, I might feel differently.

=aw
Old Sep 26, 2007, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the fast replies. Unfortunately connecting in YUL or YYZ is not a good option - the YOW-LHR flight is the only timing on AC (to get the 3x bonus) that lets me spend at least a near full weekend day with my family and also catch my BA flight to the Middle East on Sun morning at Heathrow. Failing that, there's also a UA/LH option through IAD and FRA to the middle east if I do need to connect twice, but fewer points and I'll take AC/BA business class over UA/LH any time..... So will phone the concierge tomorrow and hope for the best. And yes, its a JCORP fare.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 5:55 am
Original Poster

All fine

Cleared waitlist overnight. Confirmed J seat now. Thanks for advice, ultimately doing nothing worked this time, good to know for next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.