Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YVR - distances between nat./intern. part/lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:57 am
Original Poster

We will arrive at YVR with LH and proceed with AC to YYC. So I expect the arrival in the international part of YVR and the departure from the national part.

I wonder how far away are these parts of the airport? How long does one have to walk.
And where is a AC lounge for business class passengers. If there are more than one AC lounge: which one do you recommend for our waiting time of about 4 hours? Or do you recommend something else for this waiting time?

Thanks for answering!
Old Sep 16, 2007, 9:07 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by irsel
We will arrive at YVR with LH and proceed with AC to YYC. So I expect the arrival in the international part of YVR and the departure from the national part.

I wonder how far away are these parts of the airport? How long does one have to walk.
And where is a AC lounge for business class passengers. If there are more than one AC lounge: which one do you recommend for our waiting time of about 4 hours? Or do you recommend something else for this waiting time?

Thanks for answering!
The walk from the plane to Cdn Customs is a good hike, but not in some dark tunnel. It is good even be described as scenic.
You will have another lenghy walk from Customs to the Domestic security area. AC has a very nice Maple Leaf Lounge that you will have access to, spectacular views accross the airport to the North Shore Montains of Vancouver.
If you are asking about the distance of the walk because of a mobility issue, I would request help.
Welcome to BC, AB and enjoy YVR, it is as nice an airport as you'll find in North America.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 9:10 am

After clearing customs you drop off your luggage at the connection counter. There will be AC staff to direct you.
Once you have dropped off your luggage it's a 5 minute walk to domestic security.
From walking off your LH flight to the domestic MLL shouldn't take more than an hour.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just a reminder, as you will have to go landside after rechecking your bags and leaving the Customs Hall, should you have bought any Duty Free alcohol or other larger bottled liquids at FRA on onboard your flight, you'll have to pack these items into your checked bags since you won't be able to take them through Domestic Security.

So if you plan to purchase any such Duty Free, put a Stick'it Note into your passport right now with this reminder so you don't forget in the chaos of navigating through immigration, customs and YVR itself.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your answers. Now I know what we have to expect. I think it will nice to walk this ways after that 10 hours flight. Expecially with the specatacular view from the Maple Leaf Lounge afterwards.

And thank you very much for that reminder of the liquid ban. It is always good to remember this silly rule as I would prefer forgetting it.@:-)
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:10 pm

There are also showers available in the AC domestic lounge, if that might be of interest.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by makin'miles
There are also showers available in the AC domestic lounge, if that might be of interest.
I have always been fascinated by the idea of needing to take a shower after an east-to-west daytime flight, or upon arrival when one is heading right home from the airport...
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I have always been fascinated by the idea of needing to take a shower after an east-to-west daytime flight, or upon arrival when one is heading right home from the airport...
I don't think the OP is heading home on this flight, and I am always glad to grab a shower after a 9-10 hour flight if I have the time, regardless of the direction, if I have another segment to take.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
No need for a shower if going straight home, I would rather my own shower and amenities anyday!

I will be having a shower after my MEL-SYD-YVR flight, before flying onto YLW, I have three hours and a bit so after 20+ hours of flying and waiting a shower will be great
Old Sep 17, 2007, 2:18 am

Programs: AC E50K
YVR's web site has detail info and map:
http://www.yvr.ca/guide/around/connecting.asp?id=int2ca
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by makin'miles
^Thatīs an excellent idea@:-). Perhaps this will keep us awake as our bodies are still on German time and after that 10 hours flight.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Is a business class passenger, arriving from Europe, eligible to go to Vancouver's eligible lounge - assuming it is open around the time that the LH flight arrives (of course, if it arrives in the evening/at night, I would not expect the arrivals lounge to be open).
Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Is a business class passenger, arriving from Europe, eligible to go to Vancouver's eligible lounge - assuming it is open around the time that the LH flight arrives (of course, if it arrives in the evening/at night, I would not expect the arrivals lounge to be open).
As far as I know, NO! You would need an onward flight presumably in Exec First to have access, or be *G or pay for access to the lounge
Old Sep 18, 2007, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I am not sure, but think if you show your same day star alliance boarding pass in C from LH you will be allowed into the lounge. Someone could stand to correct me though. Secondly, the LH flight arrivals around 15-16 IIRC at YVR, so the domestic MLL at YVR will be open.
Some talking about shower- personally this is a benefit I really appreciate after a longhaul flight. For example, you have an hour to kill, take a shower, shave, change, etc- and then when you arrive in YYC you are ready to go out for dinner with no delay! I do this all the time at FRA/MUC and love it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.