Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ-MUC domestic 767 on select days in May

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Just a quick heads-up that on a very limited number of days in May, YYZ-MUC will be operated by a domestic 767-200. In such cases, the flight will be run as a one class aircraft.

Those looking for J should obviously look for a different routing, while conversely those in Y may look to take advantage of the availability of front cabin seats.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 11:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy

Those looking for J should obviously look for a different routing, while conversely those in Y may look to take advantage of the availability of front cabin seats.
How would AC assign the premium economy (which is essentially what domestic J is on a long haul flight) seats in these cases. By status, fare, or both? Status would be the easiest, but allowing your Y buyers (assuming they don't have status already) first crack would be sensible.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Jalinth
How would AC assign the premium economy (which is essentially what domestic J is on a long haul flight) seats in these cases. By status, fare, or both? Status would be the easiest, but allowing your Y buyers (assuming they don't have status already) first crack would be sensible.
I can only talk from experience last year on the London - Toronto run:

SE, E, and P were allowed to pre-assign seats. [My dad was P and secured a seat.] I am not sure about *S and *G.

Y (and M?) class pax were allowed to pre-assign seats in the front. I wad denied with a B fare.

Cheers
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:35 pm

It looks like the same is happening to Halifax-London, for select dates in May/June 2007.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 8:19 am

Programs: AP, AM, HH, HG, MR
I'm flying MUC-YYZ next week and was able to select front of the bus based on E status. Here's hoping for an UG on the outbound 777 enroute to LHR...
Old Apr 30, 2007, 5:41 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I can only talk from experience last year on the London - Toronto run:

SE, E, and P were allowed to pre-assign seats. [My dad was P and secured a seat.] I am not sure about *S and *G.

Y (and M?) class pax were allowed to pre-assign seats in the front. I wad denied with a B fare.

Cheers
SE/E/P and those on Y/M/U are entitled to select those seats in advance.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC-2MM & 75K
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
I am booked on MUC-YYZ on April 13 and was told that they could only book in seats in rows 12 on. I am super elite. How do i get one of these seats?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:17 pm

I spoke to the S/E desk again. They told me that there was a J cabin (domestic config) on the aircraft but that they could not access the seats. They checked with a supervisor (or resource desk?) and were told that the cabin was "locked down" and they could not assign these seats. So, are they going to fly with an empty cabin?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:23 pm

I assume you meant May 13. Flight is operated with Executive First on May 13.
Old May 1, 2007, 1:45 pm

Programs: Distiction Diamond, HHonorsGold, Starwood Gold, Delta
Looks like the 767-200 is on for 2 June as well as I will be on it

What are the odds of a last minute change
Old May 1, 2007, 3:54 pm
77W

Pardon my ignorance, but how does the 767-200 have enough range to make that non stop? Air Canada's fleet page shows 5400km range, yet flying distance is about 6600km, no?
Old May 1, 2007, 9:53 pm

I assume you meant May 13. Flight is operated with Executive First on May 13.
Ooops my mistake - Sunday may 12th! I spoke with the S/E desk again tonight. They said the flight to Munich is allowing them to book these seats and they can do so on other flights in May but on this flight they cannot get access to the seats. They were going to talk to someone overnight and see what they can do. I am leaving today, so if you have any suggestions on who I could call it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by dbyyz; May 2, 2007 at 2:51 am
Old May 2, 2007, 4:46 pm

MUC-YYZ on May 12 is being operated with Executive First hence they can't assign the front cabin to you on an Economy class ticket unless you're using UG cert.
Old May 2, 2007, 4:49 pm

I guess you meant Sun May 13 MUC-YYZ. I'll look into it and see if I can figure it out.
Old May 2, 2007, 4:59 pm

I guess you meant Sun May 13 MUC-YYZ. I'll look into it and see if I can figure it out.
OOOPS again - I can't believe I got it wrong twice!

You have it correct - it is indeed AC 847 on Sunday May 13, 2007.

Apparently several S/E agents have attempted to resolve this through some other department(s) but they are not getting any answers or resolution. It also appears that they may be a bit mixed up because I just received a telephone message from an agent informing me that although there were not able to get me in row 12 they were able to get me in row 13! Anything you can find out or do would be very much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.