Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2020, 11:27 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.

I thought I was getting a great deal because AC turned off the 2X premium when using priority reward for economy - only to get pistol whipped after I put in all of my payment details and clicked "purchase" to tell me I dont have enough miles and it was 75K all along.
And that I only had enough miles to cover the 37.5K points

You can picture my suprise pika face
Old Nov 6, 2020, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack

I thought I was getting a great deal because AC turned off the 2X premium when using priority reward for economy - only to get pistol whipped after I put in all of my payment details and clicked "purchase" to tell me I dont have enough miles and it was 75K all along.
And that I only had enough miles to cover the 37.5K points

You can picture my suprise pika face
https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/...0522.html#sale
talkeryxu likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Mistake fare I think covers AC/AE though - as the program do state its 2X points required, the website just didnt know it until you go in and check-out
It is surprising to me that even now AC/AE hasnt fixed it, I thought they monitor this forum lol.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:02 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
As part of the ongoing effort to improve the organization of the AC forum, and in response to member comments about reducing the number of megathreads on the board, this thread is being retired. Posts dating back to November of last year, when the new Aeroplan program was launched and the old Aeroplan website retired, have been forked over to a new thread. I had been hoping that at some point after the new program, AC would launch a completely new website that would provide a good catalyst for a totally fresh start to this thread, but in the absence of that, the Aeroplan re-launch seems as good a place as any to bifurcate the discussion.

The new thread can be found here: AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
yyznomad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.