Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Everything messed up in Montreal last night where I had come from FRA and taking a flight to YQM.
what made me mad was they knew the weather was terrible but refused to cancel the last flight till the departure time which was in the night.
Then they re booked people two days after the original date.
It was crazy.
But I was lucky enough to meet someone who is very understanding and capable and rerouted me the next day.
Where and how can I thank her?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:08 am

Ticket cancelled and refund voucher issued.
however I still get an email telling me to check-in to my flight!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by global happy traveller
Ticket cancelled and refund voucher issued.
however I still get an email telling me to check-in to my flight!
I always freak out when I get those, trying to figure out if I somehow had a trip coming up that I had forgotten about.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
According to Aeroplan availability calendar, there is no business trip between Paris and Vancouver on Jan 9, 2021. But if you search for it then actually there is. https://i.imgur.com/MH0Ea5C.png even with the cost of the Yotel Airside in Istanbul this is quite a cheap way to get home because the fees are quite low on this. Warsaw is even lower btw but it costs more points so I decided to start from Paris. I still have no idea whether I will be flying home from Manchester, London, Munich, Nuremberg or what so any starting point in Europe is fine by me

Last edited by chx1975; Feb 9, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I clicked the refund button ~5 minutes ago.

Hasn't been refunded yet.

Edit:

Your refund request has successfully been submitted for processing. Please allow 10 business days for manual processing to be completed and to see your mileage reinstated in your account.

Considering you have charged all of the taxes, fees, charges and carrier surcharges associated to your original flight reward booking to a credit card, your refund will be processed directly by Air Canada. Your official refund receipt for your reimbursed taxes, fees, charges and carrier surcharges will be sent to you separately by Air Canada.

Please keep a copy of this confirmation for future reference.

This was a fairly complex booking made pre-Amadeus that was screwed in their system at one point, so I guess that's it? I may call because I have other nonsense to deal with.

Last edited by canadiancow; Feb 10, 2020 at 11:00 am
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:39 pm

We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7)
this is from trying to cancel a booking made at 2227 mst on Feb 9. tried on my phone and on my laptop
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by seks
this is from trying to cancel a booking made at 2227 mst on Feb 9. tried on my phone and on my laptop
ended up driving to the airport to cancel. looks like i got silenced/muted on twitter too by AC. what a f'ing joke this has been
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:34 am

Try a different web browser

I can't login to my Aeroplan account via Firefox. I've had this problem for at least a week. Strangely though, I can login if I use Safari. Once I managed to login in via Firefox by deleting the Aeroplan cookies, but the next day the problem returned. They seem to be having major issues.

Originally Posted by dvanslyke
Has anyone had difficulty logging in to aircanada.com since they changed their web site a few weeks ago? Not only am I unable to log in from the home page I can't seem to book a trip online either. All is fine until I actually try to accept and pay for the booking (and yes credit card is fine ). I've spoken to their tech-support twice (who are completely incompetent) and they say there is something wrong with my account since they made their changes, but they aren't allowed to go into it. I've already re-entered cc info. and reset p/w. Any ideas???
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Is there a way to tell if you're checked in?

Trying to check in for AC144 YYC-YYZ (first leg of YYC-YYZ-LHR-LIS). Multiple attempts using desktop froze every time after checking passenger name and clicking "continue".
Gave up and tried on app. App says passenger is checked in, gives option to remove self from flight. Clicked Quit (because I want to stay on the flight).
App then took me down a rabbit hole of confirming passport info, then told me a USA eTA was required and asked me to enter the info for it. Finally managed to quit the whole thing by closing the app.

Is there any way to confirm whether I am actually checked in or not?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you're SE as your profile indicates, you can contact the concierge.

Though if you can just get to the airport before T-45, that's going to be an easier option.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you're SE as your profile indicates, you can contact the concierge.

Though if you can just get to the airport before T-45, that's going to be an easier option.
OK, thanks canadiancow, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some obvious "check-in confirmed" indicator.

I've already spoken with the concierge about this PNR with my upgrade question (as you suggested in the upgrade thread, (waiting for results, thanks again)) so I don't really want to bother the concierge again and risk getting a rep as a needy SE. I'll wait and see when I get to the airport tomorrow, as I can always check-in there. I'll allow an extra few minutes in case the PNR is mucked up.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC E75K
AC.com Defaulting to German Site

Here's an odd one: AC.com keeps defaulting to the German site for me, no matter my physical location. This seems to only happen when I'm logged in.

Any ideas for the cause or how to fix?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Here's an odd one: AC.com keeps defaulting to the German site for me, no matter my physical location. This seems to only happen when I'm logged in.

Any ideas for the cause or how to fix?
Germany is a new one. Many posts this thread but most of us get Norway or France e.g.. post 5166 on this page

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/676106-aircanada-com-aeroplan-com-experiences-complaints-issues-345.html
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by 24left
Germany is a new one. Many posts this thread but most of us get Norway or France e.g.. post 5166 on this page

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/676106-aircanada-com-aeroplan-com-experiences-complaints-issues-345.html
Ah - thanks for this. I missed it. Did a quick search and didn't find anything. Appreciate you pointing me to the right place.

Mods - Feel free to merge / delete this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Ah - thanks for this. I missed it. Did a quick search and didn't find anything. Appreciate you pointing me to the right place.

@MoDs - Feel free to merge / delete this.
No worries, I also remember things I'd rather forget. Still, jealous you got AC Germany. I'll trade you my France and throw in Norway.
capedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.