Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by pseudo nim
because japan.
そうなんですね!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by yyznomad
そうなんですね!
そうやで。
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
そうなんですね!
あなたは何も見えません

Originally Posted by pseudo nim
そうやで。
サグ・ライフ
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Is there a way to force aeroplan.com to show specific routings that are legal? for instance, I say I want to fly from YYC to BKK, but aeroplan only shows me YYC-SEA-TPE-BKK, but I want YYC-IAH-TPE-BKK, which I can get to show on united.com. I know for a fact this is a legal routing because aeroplan has shown it before (namely when there were no other alternatives), but there's no reliable way to force it to offer it.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by AwardBee
Is there a way to force aeroplan.com to show specific routings that are legal? for instance, I say I want to fly from YYC to BKK, but aeroplan only shows me YYC-SEA-TPE-BKK, but I want YYC-IAH-TPE-BKK, which I can get to show on united.com. I know for a fact this is a legal routing because aeroplan has shown it before (namely when there were no other alternatives), but there's no reliable way to force it to offer it.
Can you try to build it using a multi-city booking? (No idea about AC, but has worked in most other places that I've tried it. Some sites give incorrect pricings while you're selecting the individual segments, which fix themselves once you get to confirmation screen.)
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by televisor
Can you try to build it using a multi-city booking? (No idea about AC, but has worked in most other places that I've tried it. Some sites give incorrect pricings while you're selecting the individual segments, which fix themselves once you get to confirmation screen.)
I tried putting in each segment individually into multi-city but it gave me an error :\ I may just have to call them and do the booking manually but I hate paying their $30 phone fee because of their broken website.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:37 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AwardBee
I tried putting in each segment individually into multi-city but it gave me an error :\ I may just have to call them and do the booking manually but I hate paying their $30 phone fee because of their broken website.
If you explain it to the agent that the website won't let you book it and get lucky, they may waive the fee. Or you may have to pay it. You can always HUCA, depending on how much time you have to spend on hold with Aeroplan.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by adam.smith
If you explain it to the agent that the website won't let you book it and get lucky, they may waive the fee. Or you may have to pay it. You can always HUCA, depending on how much time you have to spend on hold with Aeroplan.
It's tough to argue the $30 waiver. The only place I've consistently succeeded in getting it waived was intra-Japan bookings - because there are zero taxes and fees, it would consistently fail (because the website couldn't believe that could happen, so it just errored out) and frontline agents would also be baffled at zero fees; I'd argue it's a website problem and typically a more experienced supervisor would wearily agree and waive it after fifteen minutes of arguing with an agent.

Now that they gutted intra Japan redemptions, this is no longer a problem though. Heh.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
aeropeso keeps giving error:
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

==
Called aeropeso, get no sounds. Redialed, it says "We are having technical difficulties, please call again later." Redialed, it says something like "We're having higher than usual call volumes, you can access our website.... Please call back later"

How do they stay in business?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by yscleo
aeropeso keeps giving error:
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

==
Called aeropeso, get no sounds. Redialed, it says "We are having technical difficulties, please call again later." Redialed, it says something like "We're having higher than usual call volumes, you can access our website.... Please call back later"

How do they stay in business?
This is how

Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
This is how

Yes, allow lots of people to collect lots of aeropeso points. But don't allow them to redeem. Also tell people there's no expiry date, so don't worry.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Well this is weird. Just went into the seat selection screen and after I had finished I got this.

1) There is no segment 3 in this itinerary
2) I was not doing anything related to upgrades
3) If I did want to upgrade why is O cabin relevant? I would be wanting to upgrade to J cabin.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Thumbs down

That about sums it up.

I'm looking at my transaction page, I select another item on the page and get this CRAP

Attached Images  
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by 24left

That about sums it up.

I'm looking at my transaction page, I select another item on the page and get this CRAP

The Only Four Star Airline of NA
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
The Only Four Star Airline of NA
Not anymore

http://www.airlinequality.com/rating...a-star-rating/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.