Wiki Posts
Search

Confused by AP agent...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2006, 3:09 pm
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

Confused by AP agent...

I'm confused...I called AP to get a routing on a flight, YVR-JFK, in J on a 319...but she told me that the 319's don't have an Exec class...what?! I am currently looking at "Our Feet" on ac.com, and it clearly shows a J cabin...why is she telling me it doesn't exist?

And just to clarify....is there one?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 3:31 pm

Yes they do. Did she mean it was unavailable?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Yes, this plane does have J, no doubt about it.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 3:41 pm
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

That's what I thought...and no, she didn't mean it wasn't "unavailable," because I specifically asked her that...she said that the plane was "configured in an all economy configuration"...I was so completely confused, but I didn't press the issue because I thought I'd just call back and get somebody who knew.....
Old Nov 11, 2006, 4:16 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Do these people go through any training at all?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 4:38 pm

Programs: Sans souci
Originally Posted by benjybl
... "configured in an all economy configuration" ...
Purple! Tango! It's back!
Old Nov 11, 2006, 7:29 pm

Programs: AF Plat, SPG Titanium
My first thought was that it might be a Jetz configuration, but they're all 320s aren't they?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 8:43 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by benjybl
That's what I thought...and no, she didn't mean it wasn't "unavailable," because I specifically asked her that...she said that the plane was "configured in an all economy configuration"...I was so completely confused, but I didn't press the issue because I thought I'd just call back and get somebody who knew.....
I would've said,"Great! I'll redeem for an Economy class ticket and just put me in any of the first 5 rows."
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:29 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by wsommerv
My first thought was that it might be a Jetz configuration, but they're all 320s aren't they?
hehe you're way off. Jetz is an ALL BUSINESS config. and yes they use only 320 craft.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:05 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
Originally Posted by Braindrain
I would've said,"Great! I'll redeem for an Economy class ticket and just put me in any of the first 5 rows."
Now there's a thought. Quick...call back!
Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:21 pm
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

Lol....ya, too late. It was actually en route to somewhere else, so it wouldn't have mattered (because the whole trip was supposed to be booked in J (or..D))
Old Nov 12, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: AF Plat, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by payam81
hehe you're way off. Jetz is an ALL BUSINESS config. and yes they use only 320 craft.
I know it's an all business config, but it has been mentioned here before that on the rare occasions they are pressed into regular service, it's been sold as Y.

Check out post #14:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493553

Although as this was a 319 your right in saying that this isn't the case.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I flew a Jetz aircraft to LGA a few months ago and it was not all-business, but seemed ex-CP as the J seats were much different than any AC I had ever seen.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:43 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
I flew a Jetz aircraft to LGA a few months ago and it was not all-business, but seemed ex-CP as the J seats were much different than any AC I had ever seen.
During certain months of the year, the Jetz aircrafts are converted back to regular configuration (20J/120Y). So you might have seen Jetz on the outside but it's been converted back to regular config. If it's in Jetz configuration, it's all business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.