Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada/Aeroplan Chat.....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:32 am
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

Air Canada/Aeroplan Chat.....

First of all, thanks to those members who have contributed to the idea of the next program chat from this forum.

The good news is that both Air Canada and Aeroplan have agreed to be co-guests on an upcoming live chat on FlyerTalk. The idea of both the airline and the frequent flyer program on FlyerTalk Live! at the same time was viewed as "...a great idea."

As some of you might know, Air Canada is in the process of an IPO and these can be delicate times for both a public and legal perspective. As a result, they have asked us to be patient and that as soon as the IPO is finalized and in the market then they will be able to speak far more easily about them and of course Aeroplan. So be patient and we'll announce a more formal date as soon as possible.

Again, thanks for the ideas and as well, thank you for your support of FlyerTalk.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Randy. Good news.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Nothing we want to know will change the IPO....

More SSWU at 45,000 miles
More J seats on planes
Faster Re-furb of the fleet
No more cutback to AP program!
A new computer system that works!

Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly

No more cutback to AP program!....
How about an improvement by AC to the AE program for their best customers?
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
I assume you mean high rev. Es and Ps as well as the already pampered SEs

Last edited by Tractor Boy; Oct 6, 2006 at 11:15 am Reason: to add "high rev" comment
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Guess what... you are wrong... PS just wait till AP give the new redemption program... you are going to love it heheheheheh

After 5 years of cuts and you expect what... guess what upgrades will be cut next year! Buy J class... on YYZ-HKG it just went up $4000 did AC apologists say anything about that Would you pay $4000 more for AC J today on broken down AC Airbust.... ^ CX is $4000 less
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:25 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy
I assume you mean Es and Ps as well as the already pampered SEs
Couldn't agree more. I sat next to an SE last night on the first leg of my YYZ-YUL-LHR. I was shocked, he was very approachable and actually quite a nice chap - no lofty expectations opinions or anything.

You see I always expect SE's to arrive with a clucking AC Concierge in tow, stroking their ego, constantly picking tiny flecks or hairs off their suit, straightening their ties for them followed by a quick shoe polish once they get gently lowered into their seats. Then I assumed I would be lectured by the Concierge on how the SE expected me to behave on the flight, ie only speak when you are spoken to etc.

Like I said, this SE seemed quite normal though.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOH
You see I always expect SE's to arrive with a clucking AC Concierge in tow, stroking their ego, constantly picking tiny flecks or hairs off their suit, straightening their ties for them followed by a quick shoe polish once they get gently lowered into their seats. Then I assumed I would be lectured by the Concierge on how the SE expected me to behave on the flight, ie only speak when you are spoken to etc..
That would be the day.I have over 100 segments to date in 2006 on AC.I can remember of no instance where a concierge met me or delivered me to a gate.

I have met the concierges at the SE check-in at YYZ and said hello,stopped at office to say hi as well.
At MLL yesterday,concierge noted my status and asked that if there was anything that could be done by her to make my travels more enjoyable.I thanked her for asking(she was very pleasant with a lot of traffic at counter).

You must be thinking of politicians or the Holleywood crowd.

The typical SE I am familiar with does not resemble your observations.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
or delivered me to a gate.
They would need a large wagon for that!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 2:34 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
.....At MLL yesterday.
Were you in YYZ T1 MLL between 16:00 and 19:00 yesterday?
Old Oct 6, 2006, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
What this says to me is the IPO will come very early in 2007 if this is getting in the way of having Montie on FT. A bit of insider information, me thinks...

However, the other good thing about early next year is that we will actually know what the new benefits packages will be for 2007/8 and ready to blast whomever comes for further deminishing the elite tiers. Having the session before the end of this year would mean once more we'd be talking abstracts and about things that have long been implemented and not redressed.

So I for one look forward to having a go at these guys shortly after we know the worst we're in for as Es and SEs...
Old Oct 6, 2006, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOH
Were you in YYZ T1 MLL between 16:00 and 19:00 yesterday?
Noon
Old Oct 6, 2006, 8:03 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by BOH
Couldn't agree more. I sat next to an SE last night on the first leg of my YYZ-YUL-LHR. I was shocked, he was very approachable and actually quite a nice chap - no lofty expectations opinions or anything.

You see I always expect SE's to arrive with a clucking AC Concierge in tow, stroking their ego, constantly picking tiny flecks or hairs off their suit, straightening their ties for them followed by a quick shoe polish once they get gently lowered into their seats. Then I assumed I would be lectured by the Concierge on how the SE expected me to behave on the flight, ie only speak when you are spoken to etc.

Like I said, this SE seemed quite normal though.
As a newly minted SE, I kinda hope that I get that pampering, but I'm not treated any different (no "thanks for your service", first selection of meals in J, or anything like that...)
Old Oct 7, 2006, 10:28 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Lets add the Lifetime Status issue to the agenda. Remember, Milton promised to look into it but we have heard nothing about this since. That was at least 2 yrs ago.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This chat is really great news. Thanks to Randy et al for setting it up. The one question I would really like to know is when StarUpgrade awards will finally be available???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.