Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:30 pm
formerly with Air Canada

Originally Posted by AJLondon
BA planes:

747 In 4 class config: 14 F + 70/38J + 36/30W seats
777 In 4 class config: 14 F + 48J + 40W seats
777 In 3 class config: 36J + 24W seats
767 In 3 class config: 24J + 24W seats

I would thus argue that EVERY SINGLE BA plane that flies to Canada has significantly more premium seats than any AC plane.
OK didn't notice the "premium Y" part but the J facts still stand.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by cur
Be greatful they're at least doing it, and think with a bit more depth than whiney infant wanting their candy.
How ludicrous! If they don't do it, they won't get the pax who actually pay for full J! Have you heard of competition?

Unless of course the AC objective is to fill the J cabin with I pax on SWU and SSWUs. In which case, there is certainly no need to do anything.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by WhyFly
Also AC will have the LOWEST # of Business/premium economy seats of 777 international planes!
Originally Posted by Ben Smith
I assumed you were correcting the facts quoted by WhyFly above, which did include a reference premium economy seating.

And indeed your statement, looking at J in isolation, does stand, but for just 1 out of the 4 plane types that BA operate to Canada.

P.S.: I'm no BA apologist, and as a lot of the regulars in this forum know, regularly fly AC on my trips to YYZ every second month! (Although I only do so on the day flights. If the day-liner back to London is sold-out in J, I move straight back to BA!)
Old Sep 27, 2006, 5:56 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by BOH
As I said, he is the new Chief Shill
And the noise coming out of your mouth is getting cheaper and cheaper... Hey thanks for yet another great contribution to the forum. Your snide 1-liner remarks really benefit us all. ^

How ludicrous! If they don't do it, they won't get the pax who actually pay for full J! Have you heard of competition?
Uh, I thought they ARE doing it. Just not fast enough to the whiners liking.

Last edited by cur; Sep 27, 2006 at 6:02 pm
Old Sep 27, 2006, 6:32 pm

P.S.: I'm no BA apologist, and as a lot of the regulars in this forum know, regularly fly AC on my trips to YYZ every second month! (Although I only do so on the day flights. If the day-liner back to London is sold-out in J, I move straight back to BA!)
As a Dayliner user, do you think AC should upguage the Dayliner to a 333 for next summer?
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by cur
Uh, I thought they ARE doing it. Just not fast enough to the whiners liking.
Hey, thanks for yet another great contribution to the forum. Your snide remarks really benefit us all ^ .

Last edited by makin'miles; Sep 27, 2006 at 7:29 pm Reason: ...grammar.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Ben Smith
Ben I started a NEW post on this its important... AC has got so FEW premium seats on these "new" planes.
Also if we really wanted to show how bad AC will be we could ....just add the economy plus of some airlines it would be a horrible comparison for AC.
Also often we are going to compare 777 200 to some AC 777-300 that still have the WORST number of premium seats.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by why fly
Ben I started a NEW post on this its important... AC has got so FEW premium seats on these "new" planes.
Also if we really wanted to show how bad AC will be we could ....just add the economy plus of some airlines it would be a horrible comparison for AC.
Also often we are going to compare 777 200 to some AC 777-300 that still have the WORST number of premium seats.
For God's sake, you're whining about a brand new $200 million aircraft. All we hear for years is how decrepit AC's fleet has become and now AC goes out and gets a state of the art product in all respects, and all you can do is bellyache about how bad that is, how poorly AC stacks up against other airlines because they won't have a huge surplus of unsaleable suites so that you can upgrade from a $1000 ticket!

Please, take a row boat across the Atlantic! You'll have 72 inches of legroom, just like a J suite.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:30 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by cur
And the noise coming out of your mouth is getting cheaper and cheaper... Hey thanks for yet another great contribution to the forum. Your snide 1-liner remarks really benefit us all. ^
Said the pot to the kettle. Your response seems to confirm my Shill suspicions. So come on then, what's your job with AC?. Do you wave those little red sticks at the gate to approaching a/c? - like a girly cheerleader with pom-poms
Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:30 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Hey, thanks for yet another great contribution to the forum. Your snide remarks really benefit us all ^ .
touche! knife stab to my heart with that zinger

Originally Posted by Sebring
For God's sake, you're whining about a brand new $200 million aircraft. All we hear for years is how decrepit AC's fleet has become and now AC goes out and gets a state of the art product in all respects, and all you can do is bellyache about how bad that is, how poorly AC stacks up against other airlines because they won't have a huge surplus of unsaleable suites so that you can upgrade from a $1000 ticket!

Please, take a row boat across the Atlantic! You'll have 72 inches of legroom, just like a J suite.
my thoughts exactly. i guess that makes both of us shills and apologists because we don't bellyache about every detail.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by cur
touche! knife stab to my heart with that zinger
My inspiration comes from you, sunshine.

These 777s are going to be GREAT! Does anyone know if the YYZ-LAX-SYD flight will really materialise? APEC 2007 will be held in Australia, and you can bet there will be a good amount of premium government travel to SYD next year... if this route does get launched, you can bet that most of this travel will be with AC.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:27 am
Suspended

My inspiration comes from you, sunshine.

These 777s are going to be GREAT! Does anyone know if the YYZ-LAX-SYD flight will really materialise? APEC 2007 will be held in Australia, and you can bet there will be a good amount of premium government travel to SYD next year... if this route does get launched, you can bet that most of this travel will be with AC.
You wont be seing that flight from AC... at least not in 2007.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by cslusarc
As a Dayliner user, do you think AC should upguage the Dayliner to a 333 for next summer?
Absolutely! The 767s on the route are quite decrepit. And the larger J cabin wouldn't go amiss on this flight that is invariably chocka up front.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
You wont be seing that flight from AC... at least not in 2007.
Can I ask if that is just conjecture, or have you heard something from a good source?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Can I ask if that is just conjecture, or have you heard something from a good source?
good source. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.