Wiki Posts
Search

E to SE instant status question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
E to SE instant status question

suppose that you hit 100k before the end of October and in selecting your SE package for balance of year, you've foregone the 100% bonus miles as one of your selections.

If you're already an Elite at the beginning of the year and have selected the 50% bonus miles, do you stop receiving those once they bump you up to SE?
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:53 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Bonuses that you will receive is associated with what you selected for your tier. So when you reach SE, you won't be getting E bonus.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:57 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
I am in exactly the same situation... will hit SE in a couple of weeks. I recall reading a thread from a year or so ago that indicated that all your E benefits continued after hitting SE (i.e. you would continue to receive 50% bonus), but I don't know if this has be verified this year or not. I am debating whether to grab the extra SSWU, and probably will assuming I keep the 50% E bonus and working under the assumption that AC will institute the SE bonus from my 2007 package at the beginning of January (like last year) rather than beginning of March.

Can anyone verify how this is handled in 2006?

SG
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Bonuses that you will receive is associated with what you selected for your tier. So when you reach SE, you won't be getting E bonus.
Thanks Andrew... I guess that pretty much sums up the OP question and my own. I think I will forgo the SSWU in that case.

SG
Old Sep 25, 2006, 10:21 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Do you still get to select your SE options if you hit it during the year? IIRC last year there was a default package selected for people who hit mid-year - or was that just Elite?
Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Do you still get to select your SE options if you hit it during the year? IIRC last year there was a default package selected for people who hit mid-year - or was that just Elite?
Yes, you get to select your package if you hit E or SE from P or E before end of October. In previous years, the cut-off was "mid-November" and you received a default package, but this year the instant recognition cut-off date is October 31.

SG
Old Sep 26, 2006, 8:03 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Anyone have any insight into what "qualify for Air Canada Super Elite status before the end of October 2006" actually means? I will pass 100,000 miles in mid October.... does that mean I've qualified or just that I have enough miles to qualify and have to wait some period of time for someone to qualify me (by which time the end of October has passed).

I'm flying some inconvenient routings to ensure I have enough miles before end of Oct. and would hate to think it is all for nothing.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 8:48 am

Programs: AC-SE, SPG-Gold
As long as your Aeroplan account shows 100,000 status miles by the end Oct you are okay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.