Search

Transferring Aeroplan Points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 5:53 pm
Cam
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM, Hilton Diamond, IEEE, PTC, CPS, CSBC, USBI
Transferring Aeroplan Points

My wife, an E, has had a devil of a time this year getting flights from YVR to YYZ without having to change A/C in Calgary, Edmonton, Regina or Winnipeg. Consequently I've used my own points so she can get the non-stop flights that are convenient to her. An SE agent advised me that for two cents a mile I can transfer her points into my own account which sounded like a pretty good deal until, after hanging up the phone, I quickly calculated that to transfer her 200,000+ points would cost me over $4,000 and concluded that this is definitely not a good deal

Each year the challenges to using AP for flights seem to increase and I see a related thread posted within the last day or two addresses that issue in some detail.

I hope OneWorld will become a household word in the very near future ^ giving frequent travelling Canadians more options - competition is sorely needed.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Cam
I see a related thread posted within the last day or two addresses that issue in some detail.
Which thread do you mean?
Originally Posted by Cam
I hope OneWorld will become a household word in the very near future ^ giving frequent travelling Canadians more options - competition is sorely needed.
Are you implying some news about more oneworld operations in Canada?
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:02 am
Cam
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM, Hilton Diamond, IEEE, PTC, CPS, CSBC, USBI
Originally Posted by rrgg
Are you implying some news about more oneworld operations in Canada?
Yes - I believe you'll find it on the WestJet forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.