Wiki Posts
Search

Harmony Airlines??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:34 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by Coffeebean
4 B757 aircraft, (the only B757's in Canada), 10 sched destinations spread 4,983 miles apart, with an average stage length of 2,100 miles, or about 5 hours, with half the fleet completely occupied with either YVR-Hawaii or YVR-JFK during daylight hours and zero sched redundancy........

On peak days, a/c 1 is busy 8:00-21:30, a/c 2 is busy 8:25-01:05, a/c 3 is busy 9:10-22:00 and a/c 4 is busy 8:00-18:35, then a redeye from 23:45 to 07:15.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happens if weather or an IROP hits the schedule. Not a big deal from April-October, but in the winter, with Toronto and JFK on the sched, all bets are off.

Like the people who bought C3000 and Jetsgo, you get what you pay for....
Ah the WelfareJetter speaks out again, because his airline has a lot to brag about in terms of aircraft utilizations (particularly in the winter and those 30 min turns with de-icing compound delays)

You forgot Skyservice has 757s as well.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tractor Boy
Don't want to take this thread OT, ...?
Personally,I believe this whole thread is misplaced.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP
About irregular ops at HQ, it happens once in a long while. This past Tuesday is one example. One of their 757 went mechanical in YYZ and they ended up chartering an A320 from either AC or Skyservice to substitute their YYZ-YVR-YYZ run, albeit suffering a couple hours of delays.

I've seen them wet-leasing a AC 762 before as well.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC E75K 2MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Originally Posted by Coffeebean
There are two types of air travelers. People who pay for there own tickets and people who don't. My guess is that you are in the latter category.

R-right. Those of us who pay for our own travel would always prefer the no-lounge, no-J on any flight ever no matter how often you fly or what distance, no FF miles, 1/3 middle seat possibility on all aircraft model.

No argument that a sizable portion of the travelling public would prefer such, but don't lump everyone into that bucket.

After all, a sizable majority of the public also subscribes to:

"Hey honey, X is cheap"
"Wow, let's buy it, it must be good!"

Simon
Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:03 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Originally Posted by Simon
R-right. Those of us who pay for our own travel would always prefer the no-lounge, no-J on any flight ever no matter how often you fly or what distance, no FF miles, 1/3 middle seat possibility on all aircraft model.

No argument that a sizable portion of the travelling public would prefer such, but don't lump everyone into that bucket.

After all, a sizable majority of the public also subscribes to:

"Hey honey, X is cheap"
"Wow, let's buy it, it must be good!"

Simon
I would just like to add, almost all of my familes travel is with AC, and in J. This is generally pleasure as well. When it's not on AC, it's with a package deal where we don't have a choice of which airline we're travelling.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 3:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
My experience with Harmony is that their jets tend to be a bit old and not in the greatest of condition; however, their superb and friendly service makes up for that. As far as economy travel goes, I highly recommend them (having never tried their business class product).
I agree completely. I just flew them this summer YYZ-YVR. The plane was old, but everything else was fantastic including the food, staff service, baggage delivery etc
Old Sep 3, 2006, 3:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan basic
I used to fly Harmony because their prices were lower and flew about 6 times a year between YYZ and YVR and have always loved their service but lately since their prices have been on the rise and just about at or above the level of AC's prices it makes sense for me to fly back on AC to accumulate Aeroplan points. I'd like to try their new J class though. Looks like good value according to pictures.

Service wise though I think Harmony is excellent. Great food, great service, and once due to mechanical problems my flight out of YYZ was delayed 7 hours two summers ago. Harmony called me to tell me not to leave my condo yet until further notice. When I got to YVR there was a GA standing at the gate handing out $100 travel vouchers for future flights to all inconvenienced pax.

In contrast on Aug 15 of this year flying AC my flight from YYZ to YVR was rerouted mid-flight to YWG due to engine malfunction. I was stranded in YWG for 11 hours with only a $22 food voucher. No other compensation was offered. Oh yeah I also paid $5 for that montana beef wrap on board... THEN our plane went down. argh...
Old Sep 10, 2006, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
YAH AC is the pits for compensation.... However have you ever had a big delay from HMY how do they compare?
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by cur
Ah the WelfareJetter speaks out again, because his airline has a lot to brag about in terms of aircraft utilizations (particularly in the winter and those 30 min turns with de-icing compound delays)

You forgot Skyservice has 757s as well.
WJ still has industry leading OTP, defined by arrivals within 15mins sched, even with those 30 minute turns......

The point is, there aren't a lot of 757 spares in Canada.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Gquie
I used to fly Harmony because their prices were lower and flew about 6 times a year between YYZ and YVR and have always loved their service but lately since their prices have been on the rise and just about at or above the level of AC's prices it makes sense for me to fly back on AC to accumulate Aeroplan points. I'd like to try their new J class though. Looks like good value according to pictures.

Service wise though I think Harmony is excellent. Great food, great service, and once due to mechanical problems my flight out of YYZ was delayed 7 hours two summers ago. Harmony called me to tell me not to leave my condo yet until further notice. When I got to YVR there was a GA standing at the gate handing out $100 travel vouchers for future flights to all inconvenienced pax.

In contrast on Aug 15 of this year flying AC my flight from YYZ to YVR was rerouted mid-flight to YWG due to engine malfunction. I was stranded in YWG for 11 hours with only a $22 food voucher. No other compensation was offered. Oh yeah I also paid $5 for that montana beef wrap on board... THEN our plane went down. argh...
I too have noticed that HQ's prices have gone up to the point where AC and WS' daily sales almost always undercut HQ's price.

One thing I found out is that HQ does offer consolidator fares on expedia and to bigger travel agents like Tour East. They offer fares that are lower than HQ's own website and worth the time to check out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.