Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2009, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriot Silver Elite
I got an email today telling me I had hit Elite for 2010 as of November 15th too, but I hit my status back in October so maybe it's some kind of blanket email they are sending out to everyone that got early recognition?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by Stussi613
I got an email today telling me I had hit Elite for 2010 as of November 15th too, but I hit my status back in October so maybe it's some kind of blanket email they are sending out to everyone that got early recognition?
Has nothing to do with early recognition.. Just means as of Nov 15th you have enough miles to be Elite or SE or Prestige for 2010/2011
Old Jan 10, 2010, 3:56 pm

Early Recognition in Feb '10

Hi All,

Firstly thank you for creating such a great resource. I have spent the past few days pouring over the various posts and have gained a lot of insight to the ticks and quirks of AP (incredibly valuable as a newbie!).

As to my query I am about to start flying *A again (sadly all travel will be in Y) after an extended absence and am keen to attain *G status as quickly as possible, hence the interest in AC/AP. I have spoken with AP representatives on 4 separate occasions and each time I have received different responses to the following question- As an AP member with no tier status, if I earn 35k of miles in the next month will I receive early recognition for having attained Elite or do I have to wait until the 2011 benefit period begins to reap the rewards of *G lounge access and the like?

Sincerely apologies in advance if there is another thread that has already covered a query of similar nature; thank you all in advance for your assistance.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by SeventySevenFive
As an AP member with no tier status, if I earn 35k of miles in the next month will I receive early recognition for having attained Elite or do I have to wait until the 2011 benefit period begins to reap the rewards of *G lounge access and the like?
Good news. You WILL receive the Elite benefits shortly after reaching 35K miles. There are some hiccups of course, as you won't instantly be in possession of a *G membership card, so would likely have some difficulty in getting into a non-Air Canada lounge.

Your E status should should take effect the first Monday after your 35K miles have posted. Beyond that, there are varying stories about different times and ways that status is recognized between that time and the time you receive your card.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Ken hAAmer
Good news. You WILL receive the Elite benefits shortly after reaching 35K miles. There are some hiccups of course, as you won't instantly be in possession of a *G membership card, so would likely have some difficulty in getting into a non-Air Canada lounge.

Your E status should should take effect the first Monday after your 35K miles have posted. Beyond that, there are varying stories about different times and ways that status is recognized between that time and the time you receive your card.
Ken,

Thank you very much for this; good news indeed (now why couldn't AP provide me with such concise, erudite answer like yours?!).

Safe flying for 2010.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by SeventySevenFive
As an AP member with no tier status, if I earn 35k of miles in the next month will I receive early recognition for having attained Elite or do I have to wait until the 2011 benefit period begins to reap the rewards of *G lounge access and the like?
You certainly won't have to wait until the 2011 benefit year begins (March 1, 2011).

You may have to wait until the 2010 benefit year begins. The first post in this thread is a compilation of past experiences, and there have been past experiences of people flying so much in January and February that they manage to cross 35k or 100k during that period. They have reported not getting their status until the formal beginning of that benefit year.

So if you do cross 35k well before March 1, please let us know what happens. Perhaps AC/AP have fixed this anomaly and you'll get your benefits immediately, or perhaps you'll have to wait a few weeks.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by zorn
You certainly won't have to wait until the 2011 benefit year begins (March 1, 2011).

You may have to wait until the 2010 benefit year begins. The first post in this thread is a compilation of past experiences, and there have been past experiences of people flying so much in January and February that they manage to cross 35k or 100k during that period. They have reported not getting their status until the formal beginning of that benefit year.

So if you do cross 35k well before March 1, please let us know what happens. Perhaps AC/AP have fixed this anomaly and you'll get your benefits immediately, or perhaps you'll have to wait a few weeks.
All booked for 1 Feb- I should clear 35k by around the 10th and so will keep an eye out on what happens regarding E status recognition pre-March 1.

Again, many thanks for your feedback and assistance.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
going from 0 to Elite and threshold gifts

First of all, thank´s for all the great info in this thread!

I would just like to make sure I understood the details of AP when going from 0 to Elite status. (I couldn´t find any up-to-date info on this particular issue). My travel plans for 2010 will be:

35k status miles in April (=> early qualification for Elite status, I get to choose my package immediately with certs valid until Feb. 2011 and new certs again for 2011)
5k status miles in June
15k status miles in August

According to the AP website Elite members get 2 SWUs after crossing 20k/40k/... miles.

Now do I get 2SWUs in June for crossing the 40k threshold (of which only 5k were generated being an Elite) or do I get 2 SWUs in August for crossing 20k as an Elite member?
These SWUs would be valid until Feb. 2011, wouldn´t they?

Thank´s!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I would just like to make sure I understood the details of AP when going from 0 to Elite status. (I couldn´t find any up-to-date info on this particular issue). My travel plans for 2010 will be:

35k status miles in April (=> early qualification for Elite status, I get to choose my package immediately with certs valid until Feb. 2011 and new certs again for 2011)
Correct.

5k status miles in June
15k status miles in August

According to the AP website Elite members get 2 SWUs after crossing 20k/40k/... miles.

Now do I get 2SWUs in June for crossing the 40k threshold (of which only 5k were generated being an Elite) or do I get 2 SWUs in August for crossing 20k as an Elite member?
The majority experience is that once you get Elite for the 2010 program year, you will be treated like any other 2010 Elite. So you will receive your 2 SWU for crossing 20k (which you did in April). Then you will get another 2 SWU when you cross 40k in June, and so on.

This is not a document benefit, however. It is simply what tends to happen.

These SWUs would be valid until Feb. 2011, wouldn´t they?
Yes.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thank´s Zorn!

Just to clarify, I can definitely plan on getting 2 SWUs for crossing the 40k miles threshold so that I could use these for my trip in August? (The SWUs for 20k would be great as well, but I probably won´t need more than 2 in total)
Old Jan 21, 2010, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thank´s Zorn!

Just to clarify, I can definitely plan on getting 2 SWUs for crossing the 40k miles threshold so that I could use these for my trip in August? (The SWUs for 20k would be great as well, but I probably won´t need more than 2 in total)
You will definitely get the 40k certs, as per published benefits. If you happen to get the 20k certs as well, you won't be the first.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: AC
Last of my miles to pass 35000 were credited this morning. Guess we will see when I get recognized as Elite. Will keep everyone posted.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Wow 35000 miles in 35 days! All in the back of the bus!

My butt hurts just thinking about it!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC*E, AA, DL
I finished 25,000 miles in coach on February 17th (48 days)

I'll finish 35,000 miles in coach March 4th (64 days)

Looking forward to Elite and the long climb to SE
Old Mar 1, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC
39974 Miles as of today, but still no recognition. Hoping it happens in the next few days so I can get my SSWU's in time for some mid April flights to Europe!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.