Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

KVS Show J Availability, SE Can't Book Reward Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, PriorityClub*Platinum

I'm an SE and I was under the impression that I could instant KK a seat on a flight if there was availability in J.

Instead the agent wants to route me a different route.

First time trying this and am totally disappointed.

Any Comments?

EliteTrotter
Old May 24, 2006, 10:37 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
How does Y class look on the flight?
If the entire plane is oversold you won't get a reward.
Old May 24, 2006, 10:37 am

Which flight are you looking at? I believe the rule is that Instant KK only works if the overall number of bookings, in both cabins, is less than the number of seats on the aircraft. Thus, if the flight is open in J but oversold in Y by a greater number than the open J cabin, Instant KK is a no-go.
Old May 24, 2006, 10:53 am
Suspended

And without access to loads you cannot tell with certainty, from any fare class availability figures, whether a flight is oversold. You might even see 9s and the flight could be oversold, so no instant KK.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, PriorityClub*Platinum
Yes it shows J6 C3 Y1 M1.

So I guess what we're saying is that the flight is oversold in Y to the tune of 6 seats or so, even though they are still technically selling tickets in both Y and J.

I guess I understand now and can go back to using the web site instead of bothering the call center.

Thanks for the quick response. I remember seeing discussion of this once before, but the pinch of reality feels different than discussion. I knew you'd all be there when I needed you!

EliteTrotter
Old May 24, 2006, 11:37 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Although you can never be sure that the flight isn't oversold, even with some 9s showing, when there's only small availability in Y and M, then you can be fairly sure that it is.
Old May 24, 2006, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
This happened to me last week YOW YVR where I couldn't get a D seat on the direct AC139 flight leaving at 1755 so I just booked a later flight connecting in YYC and did standby for the direct, which I got onto. A pain in the ars, but worked out in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.