Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Changes in AC's online booking experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AP (peon level)

I'm sure that this has bee discussed before but is anyone impressed with the changes to AC's online booking experience? My last booking was the late fall on a trip to LAS from YYZ. I just recently was investigating my choice of flights for a YYZ-MCI in April and was surprised to find out that you have to purchase your ticket prior to checking seat availability on your aircraft (a change from before). I ended up being OK with my choice but really was just browsing at the time. You used to be able to check all your preferences prior to actually making the purchase. Apparently no longer.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Ford Prefect
I'm sure that this has bee discussed before but is anyone impressed with the changes to AC's online booking experience?
Did you actually check? You'll find lots of stuff.

and was surprised to find out that you have to purchase your ticket prior to checking seat availability on your aircraft (a change from before)
Um, I don't know what you define as "new"... this has been like this for a long time... "new" in terms of FT time is more like 1 hour. Anything after that becomes "old".
Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:29 pm

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
I'm sure that this has bee discussed before but is anyone impressed with the changes to AC's online booking experience? My last booking was the late fall on a trip to LAS from YYZ. I just recently was investigating my choice of flights for a YYZ-MCI in April and was surprised to find out that you have to purchase your ticket prior to checking seat availability on your aircraft (a change from before). I ended up being OK with my choice but really was just browsing at the time. You used to be able to check all your preferences prior to actually making the purchase. Apparently no longer.

united.com can search AC flights and you can look at seat assignments before you purchase.

/E
Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Also Expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.