Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Excellent service YYZ-ATL RT in J on RJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:41 am
Original Poster

AC Jazz runs only one round-trip flight a day YYZ-ATL on the extended CRJ which includes 9 J seats. I used my city pass to travel down last Monday evening and back on Friday night. On both legs I sat in 2F, the bulkhead starboard row, where there is lots of leg room and not bad pitch and width even with another passenger next to me on the way to Atlanta.

On both flights the service was also excellent - drinks came swiftly and were replenished. A very tasty cold dinner was served on both legs - with a choice: a large chicken breast and salad to ATL, and a really great and generous cheese plate back to YYZ - four types of cheese with crackers and grapes. The usual chocolates for dessert. You can also get hot tea and coffee but I think that's as much heating power as the small galley possesses.

Only caveat: this jet uses a bridge, so no skycheck, and the overhead compartments are blocked on port side, at least in J - but there is a fair amount of space in the coat closet where the FA's willingly squeeze in the surplus of cases and laptops for J pax.

Too bad the rest of this service (4 more RT's daily, I think) is supplied by the smaller CRJ's with an all-Y configuration and, I suspect, the dreaded curved fuselage. I presume Sky-check works on those flights, however, the sole advantage imho.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Johnlathropa
I presume Sky-check works on those flights, however, the sole advantage imho.
Yes, skycheck occurs on all CRJ trips.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Johnlathropa
Only caveat: this jet uses a bridge, so no skycheck, and the overhead compartments are blocked on port side, at least in J - but there is a fair amount of space in the coat closet where the FA's willingly squeeze in the surplus of cases and laptops for J pax.
The use of a bridge certainly does not prevent the availability of a Skycheck service. US bridges their CRJs and ERJs in most of their hubs and focus cities and certainly offer a skycheck service - right to and from the bridge.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cedric
The use of a bridge certainly does not prevent the availability of a Skycheck service. US bridges their CRJs and ERJs in most of their hubs and focus cities and certainly offer a skycheck service - right to and from the bridge.
Yep.
Even UAX i.e. @ BNA uses it.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:27 am

The YYZ-ATL service goes all E-75 in the summer schedule...
Old Feb 11, 2006, 3:25 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yep.
Even UAX i.e. @ BNA uses it.
I don't know of any airline that doesn't skycheck on a CRJ.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:58 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
I just flew a UA CR7 from YYC to SFO and they skychecked for me right on the bridge. At YYC even the CRJ's get bridge's now and skycheck is always offered from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.