Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC new interior part II!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

AC new interior part II!

Here are the pictures of Air Canda's new International Hospitality seats with huge PTV's. Also the new North American Executive class. Also a front view picture of AC's new Business class seats with two FA's in the new Uniforms. All this pictures are from The ACE Aviations Shareholders meeting.

http://www.achorizons.ca/en/issues/2...vember/agm.htm

Enjoy
Air Canada is on top of the world now. Look at the size of the PTV's.

AC A380
Old Nov 11, 2005, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
One of the first things I noticed about the new ExecFirst seat was the size of the PTV screen. Now looking at the Hospitality seats, even these screens are among the largest in the industry. And they are 16/9 which equates to wide screen. That means no more letterboxing on feature films within the smaller type screens. Thanks for the new link.

BTW I was quite surprised by the turnout for the AGM, just 200 shareholders. I think there were that number the year I attended the AC one in Halifax. I guess ACE has many more institutional owners than AC did, or at least fewer private investors.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

If all the NA Business seats had footrest it would have been better. It would add more comfort and put us ahead of U.S airlines.

AC A380
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by AC A380
If all the NA Business seats had footrest it would have been better. It would add more comfort and put us ahead of U.S airlines.
AC A380
Was that not a footrest showing at the bottom of the picture. If not, will they have them in the back oif the seat in front?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Is the economy class same for the NA and International? The seats look like the ones on the Embraurs.

AC A380
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:17 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Originally Posted by AC A380

AC A380
which J seats do not have foot rests?? Every 767 that I have been on has had a footrest, and I know that I have been on at least half of the 767 fleet, probably most of it as there are only 13 a/c.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

sorry, to make it clear, I was talking about the ones in short-haul airbuses.

AC A380
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Somebody tell AC to put leather seats on the new international business seats.

AC A380
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

If you focus your eyes straight of the new economy seats, you would see a LCD TV. What is that for when you already have a PTV? Will it be installed in Economy?

AC A380
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:32 pm

Sweaty Butt Crack/No Fart Absorbtion

The reason for AC not putting leather seats is that while the initial feel is good, and the seats are easier to clean, leather does not feel very good on long flights.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:36 pm

Does anybody know when they hope to have these installed?(asking specifically for a YYZ>LAX>OGG flight in December; LAX to OGG though is with United).
Old Nov 11, 2005, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

The seats on the photo looks like the economy seats for Embraurs, but AC has mentioned that the seats of International economy will be manufactured by a different company which is B/E Aerospace. The embraur is manufacturer is C&D Aerospace. So expect a different seat for International economy.

Along with the introduction of personal seat back entertainment systems
at every Hospitality seat fleet wide, Air Canada is also enhancing seating
comfort for all its Hospitality service customers on all routes. The new
Hospitality seats, part of the carrier's fleet wide refurbishment program, are
designed and manufactured by B/E Aerospace. Executive Class and Hospitality
cabin seats in Air Canada's Embraer aircraft, currently in operation, are
designed and manufactured by C & D Aerospace.
Features of Air Canada's new Hospitality seating include:

AC A380
Old Nov 11, 2005, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A tremendous improvement in NA seating. ^
Old Nov 11, 2005, 6:52 pm

Those are some very nice looking PTVs for the Y seats. Will every seat (or at least every group of 3-4) have some sort of power plug?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 7:32 pm

When I look at the armrest between the two J seats Montie is sitting in I don't see how they can get 6 across on the 767-200 with seats and arms that wide. Does anyone know if this means going to 5 across on the 200's and an end to the Economy Plus crap they currently offer in those planes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.