Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage run needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Talking Mileage run needed

Think I may need a milage run of around 8k to reach super elite for next year. If anyone has suggestions...and if anyone has good ability to calculate miles:

My remaining flights are as follows and I am currently at 60973:

one flight to be credited: FRA-YYZ in J on Sept 24
Upcoming Planned:
Spt 29 - YYZ -YVR - I class
YVR-YYC - I class
Oct 1 - YYC - YYZ - I class
Oct 26 - YYZ-LHR - J class
Oct 29 - LHR - YYZ - J class
Nov 3 - YYZ-LAX - I class
Nov 6 - LAX-SFO - Economy Plus
Nov 8 - SFO - YYZ - I class
Nov - 18 - YYZ-YUL - tango Plus
Nov 20 - YUL-YYZ - tango plus
Nov 25 - YYZ-YVR-YYJ - I class
Nov 26 - YYJ-YVR-YYZ - I class

Any suggestions?

Thanks Jay
Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:56 am

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador
Download the Star Alliance schedule http://www.staralliance.com/star_all...e/main_10.html All the mileages you need are there (accurate +/- 1%). Refer to the aircanada.com web site for up to date rules on status mile bonuses
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:44 pm
At Large

I think he knows what mileage he's going to get on the flts posted. He's loking for advice on how to achieve the other 8 K.
First of all on his SFO/YYZ flts he should go through YVR or YYC and get the additional mileage on those extra flts and then do a quick a quickk YUL/LHR flt in november when prices are very low.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:58 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Welcome to FlyerTalk nb27boyyul:
We actually have a dedicated forum devoted exclusively to the topic of mileage runs and I'm positive that there are other members who can assist you with this type of advice. You might want to hang around there as well.

P.S. FlyerTalk is arranged into several mini topic forums designed to help our members with specific issues such as mileage runs, general travel topics, travel technology, travel with children, etc. You'll find these specialty forums a great asset when wanting to add to your personal travel knowledge.

Good luck on the SE challenge. From those I know, it's worth the effort.

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Sep 28, 2005 at 3:08 pm
Old Sep 28, 2005, 1:12 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Hi Jay,

Watch the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476974 -- it's someone else who's also looking to get 8k miles-- they're Toronto-based but considering flights from BUF. One can earn 8k miles in one weekend on a domestic ticket from BUF-- I'll give it a little time to see if someone else can come up with the methodology. I used this very example (max domestic from BUF) for another Toronto flyer during a Mileage Run seminar earlier this month--- I'm waiting to see if someone else will post with ideas first.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Go to Asia with UA and get 15,000 miles... some great deals with UA at the moment.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:16 pm

YYZ-FCO Oct -- 8800 miles starts at 1079.00 S class ticket will get you another 25% COS. No need to stay a week. 1179 if you want to do a turn around.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:33 pm

.... with my post above, I was alluding to a (packed) 2 day weekend US domestic that would run you about $250. Just for comparison sake.

I'll post details in the next day if nobody else does.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
YYZ-LHR this fall for $625 all in on AC ($418 before taxes and fees) - no need to stay a week, gives you a quick 7,000 miles. If you go via YUL you will get almost $8,000 but will have to pay more in fuel surcharge.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Just a caution: The $418 YYZ-LHR is an "N" fare so no status miles AFAIK.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:16 pm

A BUF-IAD-JFK-SFO-LAX-ONT-LAX-SFO-JFK-IAD-BUF on UA will yield 9172 miles. Plus the JFK-SFO flights are p.s. service. Right now this run will set you back less than $300. If you are willing, you can do a red-eye turnaround.

Last edited by evdog19; Sep 28, 2005 at 10:19 pm Reason: can't spell
Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Just a caution: The $418 YYZ-LHR is an "N" fare so no status miles AFAIK.
Tango has not been put in place yet for the Trans Atlantic sector so there is no such thing as "Tango International"...
N fare is still good for status miles int'l.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...75&postcount=3
Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
.... with my post above, I was alluding to a (packed) 2 day weekend US domestic that would run you about $250. Just for comparison sake.

I'll post details in the next day if nobody else does.
I look forward to your post. I'd rather try to get one out of BUF rather than DTW...
Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by evdog19
A BUF-IAD-JFK-SFO-LAX-ONT-LAX-SFO-JFK-IAD-BUF on UA will yield 9172 miles. Plus the JFK-SFO flights are p.s. service. Right now this run will set you back less than $300. If you are willing, you can do a red-eye turnaround.

i'm new to this and wondering how to run these complex routes using the ITA software. Any help is appreciated.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by evdog19
Evdog gave an example of what I was thinking: find a Southwest-match $198ish BUF---west and route it along those lines, using a transcon plus a bunch of hops on the east and/or west. Time things to use a red-eye flight back from the west, and you can do it in a 2 day weekend. ^ ^ ^ to Evdog.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.