Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Waitlist question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Upgrade Waitlist question

As Prestige on a waitlist for AC30 Mar. 26th, I am told I am 4th in line for the upgrade, however "that can change if any E's or SE's request an upgrade between now & then". Was I mistaken in thinking that your place on the waitlist remains either until clearing before the day of the flight or else on the day of the flight the airport takes over the flight and you take your chances by arriving as early as possible? Charli
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Charli
As Prestige on a waitlist for AC30 Mar. 26th, I am told I am 4th in line for the upgrade, however "that can change if any E's or SE's request an upgrade between now & then". Was I mistaken in thinking that your place on the waitlist remains either until clearing before the day of the flight or else on the day of the flight the airport takes over the flight and you take your chances by arriving as early as possible? Charli

Your place on the waiting list remains the same among folks with same status.

However, people with higher status always get ahead even if joining later.

In other words, there are different lists per status.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:44 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, AC*MM, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Charli
... Was I mistaken in thinking that your place on the waitlist remains either until clearing before the day of the flight or else on the day of the flight the airport takes over the flight and you take your chances by arriving as early as possible? Charli
And yes, the waitlist is cleared the day of the flight, and there is a new waitlist created in part based on checkin sequence. But with this new waitlist, priority is still influenced by Aeroplan status level.

Check in on the web if you can (since you can do that 24 hours prior I believe) and cross your fingers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.