Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

anyone on AC 186/428 March 5th (tommorow)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K

Am flying on AC 186 (YVR - YYZ) and 428 (YYZ - YUL) on march 5th, saturday, if anyone needs an upgrade I have spare certs to help with
cheers.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 5:22 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Remember, the rule is that you are only allowed to upgrade a single person -- although sometimes they're more flexible.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Academic
Remember, the rule is that you are only allowed to upgrade a single person -- although sometimes they're more flexible.
I know I can legally only upgrade one person, but I figure if there is space and a nice agent, maybe they'll be nice and let me upgrade more pax, afterall the certs will go unused otherwise.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by shore9
I know I can legally only upgrade one person
Don't worry, it's not a law. Nobody will be arrested.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:00 am
Original Poster

well flight has been swapped to a domestic 763, however I noticed that 7A is out on its own so I changed my seat to that, anyone have any idea as to what to expect from 7A on the domestic 763??
Old Mar 5, 2005, 7:51 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
well flight has been swapped to a domestic 763, however I noticed that 7A is out on its own so I changed my seat to that, anyone have any idea as to what to expect from 7A on the domestic 763??
A seat cushion, back rest, arm rests... much the same as most other seats, I believe. If you ask nicely, maybe it will fondle you -- or is that the new 321s?
Old Mar 5, 2005, 9:44 am

Programs: AC nothing,HH Silver,PC Gold, BW Plat
I was in 7A on the domestic 763 2 weeks ago flying from Churchill to Kapuskasing. It was probably one of the most comfortable flights I've had in a long time. Yes you do get the regular seat cushion, back rest, arm rests but don't be fooled. The seat turns into a 195 degree lie flat seat for maximum comfort. The seat also has special features such as 47" HDTV video screen and a 5 disk DVD player. The DVD's that were playing when I was on the flight was Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo, Meet the Fockers, and the Aviator. While I was on the plane I wanted to watch a plane movie so Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo was great! The movie is a documentary about the type of aircraft and different types of airlines. The Aviator was hillarious it was about a male stripper but I'll let you figure that out on your own. Anyways someother great features about 7A is that it comes with are the toilets that play music and the water dances around just like at the Bellagio. The mini fridge which comes with an assortment of goodies such as Absolut Vodka, Shark Fin soup, and the square watermelons that you get from Japan. I hope you have a geat flight shore9!
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it is Fin 686,this footrest would not move out from the seat.I was on this a/c last week from Barbados.Otherwise,this is a crew rest seat and the rest of the cabin is configured 2-2-2.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Luubert
I was in 7A on the domestic 763 2 weeks ago flying from Churchill to Kapuskasing. It was probably one of the most comfortable flights I've had in a long time. Yes you do get the regular seat cushion, back rest, arm rests but don't be fooled. The seat turns into a 195 degree lie flat seat for maximum comfort. The seat also has special features such as 47" HDTV video screen and a 5 disk DVD player. The DVD's that were playing when I was on the flight was Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo, Meet the Fockers, and the Aviator. While I was on the plane I wanted to watch a plane movie so Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo was great! The movie is a documentary about the type of aircraft and different types of airlines. The Aviator was hillarious it was about a male stripper but I'll let you figure that out on your own. Anyways someother great features about 7A is that it comes with are the toilets that play music and the water dances around just like at the Bellagio. The mini fridge which comes with an assortment of goodies such as Absolut Vodka, Shark Fin soup, and the square watermelons that you get from Japan. I hope you have a geat flight shore9!

Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

well the flight has been downgraded to a 767 There is no way that many planes have gone mechanical on me in the last 14 months. If it's true AC has some real problems. Of the last 6 763's that I have been booked on in the past 14 months, 5 of them have been downgraded to a 767.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC nothing,HH Silver,PC Gold, BW Plat
Originally Posted by californiadreamin'
Honestly what do you contribute to this forum? Cause all I honestly see is your here to irritate and lecture myself and other members about what we say to shore9.

Last edited by Luubert; Mar 5, 2005 at 4:22 pm
Old Mar 5, 2005, 4:28 pm

Programs: AP Elite
Originally Posted by Luubert
Honestly what do you contribute to this forum? Cause all I honestly see is your here to irritate and lecture myself and other members about what we say to shore9.
Grow Up Luubert.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
well the flight has been downgraded to a 767 There is no way that many planes have gone mechanical on me in the last 14 months. If it's true AC has some real problems. Of the last 6 763's that I have been booked on in the past 14 months, 5 of them have been downgraded to a 767.
You should have checked first to make sure that Ken Haamer wasn't on your flight
Old Mar 5, 2005, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

I swear we must be related to Ken, my next flight which was a 763, is also now a 767, the last 10 flights that i've been on a 767, only 3 times was it supposed to actually be a 767. Being downgraded to a 767 70 percent of the time is hardly the fault of 763's going mechanical, this is complete crap.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I swear we must be related to Ken,.....
Well,well.How does Ken feel about this new development?

I can see it now,Uncle Ken sending upgrade certs to his favourite nephew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.