Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

GRRRR - Jazz's lousy customer service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GRRRR - Jazz's lousy customer service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: E75K, Fairmont Platimum
Angry GRRRR - Jazz's lousy customer service

I was supposed to fly - supposed to being the key words - from YYZ to YWG Feb 8 at 6am! Our plane didn't get off the ground. 3 1/2 hours later, we finally get off the ground.

The jerk at the ticket counter rudely informed me there is no compensation for this and that I'd have to contact their "Customer Advocacy" center. Right, customer advocacy!

When I got to Winnipeg, Jazz had removed me from the flight lists. The next plane was leaving and they just told me to get on with no boarding pass.

Now, after checking my aeroplan account, I didn't even receive credits for my flight.

Will it work to actually send by boarding passes in or am I SOL for my segments and miles?
Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:50 pm

Wow, thats nasty. Since when did Jazz start doing YYZ-YWG? Hasn't that always been a mainline run?
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC nothing,HH Silver,PC Gold, BW Plat
Originally Posted by pitz
Wow, thats nasty. Since when did Jazz start doing YYZ-YWG? Hasn't that always been a mainline run?
Jazz does that route 2 times a day, AC8493 and AC8497 both operated by CRJ's and the other 6 flights are mainline.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Luubert
Jazz does that route 2 times a day AC8493 and AC8497 both operated by CRJ's and the other 6 flights are mainline.
Woah, nasty. YWG-YQT is bad enough on the flying skidoos!
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:29 pm

Programs: AC nothing,HH Silver,PC Gold, BW Plat
The route YYZ-IAH I believe is the longest route that AC operates the CRJ. Now that's real nasty with the flying ski doos!
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Luubert
The route YYZ-IAH I believe is the longest route that AC operates the CRJ. Now that's real nasty with the flying ski doos!
I used to do that route when AC still had the airbuses on it. Now, I'd rather connect in ORD with UA so I can get some reasonable 735 or 3XX. 2+ hours in a CRJ is just... wrong!
Old Feb 15, 2005, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Some CRJs YEG-YVR

Some have crept in on weekend runs, a couple on Saturdays if I recall. I trust AC is not planning on making this a habit if they intend on competing with WS on this route.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Some have crept in on weekend runs, a couple on Saturdays if I recall. I trust AC is not planning on making this a habit if they intend on competing with WS on this route.
I think it's called matching capacity to demand , they should be flying what is most profitable for the route.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Originally Posted by halfmileman

When I got to Winnipeg, Jazz had removed me from the flight lists. The next plane was leaving and they just told me to get on with no boarding pass.
Is this even legal?? If you don't have a BP then you likely aren't on the manifest. Wouldn't Transport Canada love to hear about this!

BTW I have received 5000 bonus miles from Jazz for similar messes in the past. However the last time was about 8 months ago thank goodness!

DF
Old Feb 16, 2005, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: E75K, Fairmont Platimum
Originally Posted by Doc Fraud
Is this even legal?? If you don't have a BP then you likely aren't on the manifest. Wouldn't Transport Canada love to hear about this!

BTW I have received 5000 bonus miles from Jazz for similar messes in the past. However the last time was about 8 months ago thank goodness!

DF
Thanks, DF. Now I know what to ask ^ for and how long it will take !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.