Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

For YYZ Locals...help for a newbie to Toronto...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For YYZ Locals...help for a newbie to Toronto...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC, AA, Marriott Rewards, Tim Hortons
Originally Posted by jen80370
As to food we are quite adventurous...we love Chinese, Japanese, Thai, steakhouses, seafood, cheap, moderate, expensive...doesn't matter as long as it is worth it.
Jen:

Email or PM with your address and I'll send you a selection of Entertainment Book discount/2 for 1 coupons for downtown restaurants.

Whatever you don't use you can just pop back in the mail to me - I'll even throw in a SASE!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

We arrive around 9:45 p.m. so I'm hoping we miss rush hour.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by jen80370
We arrive around 9:45 p.m. so I'm hoping we miss rush hour.
I didn't think we had a rush hour - I thought traffic is always horrible and backed up. Last week coming home (YYZ - GUELPH) at 11:30 pm the trip took twice what it normally does and other than volume there was NO reason for the delay.

Have a great trip to Toronto though
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

I never thought I'd be so happy as to have a flight go bad...Jetsgo changed our itinerary to six hours earlier then scheduled...so they agreed to give us a full refund. Other then sitting on hold an hour to speak to someone, it was painless.

We got a flight for a total of $9 more for both of us roundtrip to go Continental. Do they fly into Terminal 1? Now I can go to Lush Duty Free???

It just keeps getting better.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 7:05 pm
ALW

Lush Cosmetics (416-599-5874) is at 312 Queen Street W, according to www.canada411.com which also links to a map. Looks like only one in Toronto, unless you include YYZ, Mississauga, and Concord. There are two in Ottawa.

Continental is Terminal 3 at YYZ.

=aw
Old Jan 30, 2005, 2:48 am

Jen:

Havent been to Terminal 3 in ages and I dont know if Lush is carried by the duty free shops (boutique within a store etc.) someone help the woman out, but there is more than one store in Toronto:

if u r still staying a the Sheraton, Eaton Centre is connected and a very short walk -
Toronto Eaton Centre Unit D202, 220 Yonge St

-downtown (unsure if it would be open late/weekends)
-Commerce Court C-113, 199 Bay St. W

a short walk from the Sheraton west (it's an outside walk)
312 Queen Street W

116 Cumberland St Yorkville

Terminal 1 Pearson Airport - Hammerhead E, Level 2
Old Jan 30, 2005, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by privatejet
there is more than one store in Toronto:

Eaton Centre is connected and a very short walk -
Toronto Eaton Centre Unit D202, 220 Yonge St
This is a newish store that opened just before Christmas, it is at the North end of the mall, from the Sheraton Centre end you enter off Queen Street and go all the way through the mall, including going through the Sears store and you'll find the LUSH store in the small section of the mall that is crammed in between the Sears and the subway station, underneath the new H&M store. In bad weather you can get from the Sheraton Centre to the Eaton Centre without going outside by going through the tunnel that connects the Sheraton (one level below the main lobby) to the Bay Store.

-downtown (unsure if it would be open late/weekends)
-Commerce Court C-113, 199 Bay St. W
Another one you can get to without going outside. As privatejet says, will not be open on weekend or late weeknights. Again there is an underground tunnel from the Sheraton (one level below the main lobby), look for signs directing you to the P.A.T.H. or the Richmond-Adelaide Centre, the tunnels are fairly obvious until you get to First Canadian Place when you need to turn left and look for signs pointing you to Commerce Court.

a short walk from the Sheraton west (it's an outside walk)
312 Queen Street W
Just the other side of John Street on the North side, three longish but scenic (mostly except for a couple construction sites) blocks from your hotel.

Now personally I think LUSH ought to be banned from malls due to the stink but there's no accounting for taste.

Last edited by Bytepusher; Jan 30, 2005 at 11:39 am
Old Jan 31, 2005, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much. Shopping without getting cold. Now we're talking!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.