Wiki Posts
Search

Fare basis code question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2004, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K 2MM, Lifetime Marriott Platnium Elite
Fare basis code question

I just got a fare quote on expedia.ca for return trip YYZ to LHR on AC with a fare basis codes of "LLXAPCAD and LLWAPCAD" . I assume that its an "L" fare that will accumulate qualifying miles but just want to make sure. What do all the other letters stand for ?. Is there a chart explaining all of the different letters. I did a search on FT but couldn't find any.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by podge
I just got a fare quote on expedia.ca for return trip YYZ to LHR on AC with a fare basis codes of "LLXAPCAD and LLWAPCAD" . I assume that its an "L" fare that will accumulate qualifying miles but just want to make sure. What do all the other letters stand for ?. Is there a chart explaining all of the different letters. I did a search on FT but couldn't find any.
L fare will accumulate status miles.

Canada to International
Executive:
J 100% of miles flown with a minimum of 500 Aeroplan Miles 25%

All other booking classes:
C, Y, S, M, B, T, H, V, Q, L, N, E, G, I, K, O, R or U 100% of miles flown with a minimum of 500 Aeroplan Miles N/A

(as of October 18, 2003 X class is eligible for mileage accumulation on non-stop flights between Toronto and Delhi)

Last edited by djjaguar64; Aug 25, 2004 at 2:11 pm
Old Aug 25, 2004, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
The X and W refer to midweek & weekend.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 2:18 pm

The second L usually means low season. LHXXXXX would be high season. But I don't know how universal this is. The CAD part means you are travelling to Canada.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wink Fare Code Basis

Withdrawn due to another post re: Booking Codes

Last edited by djjaguar64; Aug 25, 2004 at 5:38 pm
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:15 pm
Suspended

The OP is asking about the other letters which as has been explained relate to season and time of the week
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FatBoyYVR
The OP is asking about the other letters which as has been explained relate to season and time of the week
Please read carefully, he actually asked for all the letters, not just season and time of week. Why don't you be constructive and provide a solution instead of trying to create an issue.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:30 pm
Suspended

IWhat do all the other letters stand for ?.
Just didnt see why you posted a list of all the fare basis codes. I assume you can answer the rest of the question as the resident expert on AC fares and tickets?

Is K shoulder period (with H being high and L being low)?
I think CAD indicates originating in Canada, as opposed to *****UK, but have no idea why some fares are CAD and others are APE.

Last edited by FatBoyYVR; Aug 25, 2004 at 3:35 pm
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Please read carefully, he actually asked for all the letters, not just season and time of week. Why don't you be constructive and provide a solution instead of trying to create an issue.
What FatBoyYVR was trying to say is what you posted is the class of service/fare basis letter code chart and that only has to do with the first letter of the actual fare basis, not all the others.

As to the other letters, AP is short for APEX type of fare.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:42 pm
exAC

Originally Posted by tcook052
...As to the other letters, AP is short for APEX type of fare.
and doesn't APEX stand for Advanced Purchase EXcursion???? In other words there are purchase and length of stay restrictions.

Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
What FatBoyYVR was trying to say is what you posted is the class of service/fare basis letter code chart and that only has to do with the first letter of the actual fare basis, not all the others.

As to the other letters, AP is short for APEX type of fare.
TC I did not post the other infor because I do not know exactly what it stands for, I was just providing as much infor besides L fares for the original post, and don't worry about the,FATBOY, he just has a problem.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Aug 25, 2004 at 4:28 pm
Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FatBoyYVR
Just didnt see why you posted a list of all the fare basis codes. I assume you can answer the rest of the question as the resident expert on AC fares and tickets?

Is K shoulder period (with H being high and L being low)?
I think CAD indicates originating in Canada, as opposed to *****UK, but have no idea why some fares are CAD and others are APE.
Here we go again, no comments
Old Aug 25, 2004, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here we go again, no comments
DJ, look to the top of the of the AC forum, you will see a nice sticky about fare codes and such. But thanks for all your hard work !

Last edited by Q Shoe Guy; Aug 25, 2004 at 7:01 pm Reason: Oops , used the wrong smilies..........
Old Aug 25, 2004, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
DJ, look to the top of the of the AC forum, you will see a nice sticky about fare codes and such. But thanks for all your hard work.
Hey Q thanks, I noted that after the fact. Just trying to help the guy.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Tand don't worry about the,FATBOY, he just has a problem.
I dont think tcook was worried about me in the slightest, and I am pleased to see you are now resorting to personal insults. Anyway, please feel free to go on pretending you know lots about AC, I would love to learn from you.

I think I will go and edit my profile to list what programs I used to have status with, always good to look important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.