Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Strike threat at airline supplier Cara

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strike threat at airline supplier Cara

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2004, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by the happy booker
A friend of mine was working for Iberia's customer service depart when the exact same thing happened to them quite a few years ago. The airline did the best that it could, put nice little brown bagged sandwiches on the seats, and got a crap-load of complaints from people who felt that it was their entitlement to be served warm meals, drinks etc.. To this day she still gets peeved talking about how people just don't get the fact that meals on flights are a courtesyextended by the airline, and not something automatically included in the overall price of the ticket. The airline is under no obligation to provide them. So, all in all, it's a pretty nice thing if they make the effort to round up whatever they can when something like this hits.
Which isn't as easy as it seems, considering all the regulations that they have to deal with.
I respectfully disagree with you.I believe J class and meals are something that I pay extra for and is NOT a courtesy .AC certainly has many websites talking to J class meals.i.e "Elevated Dining in Executive Class" being one with the dining experience,meals and wine being showcased.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 6:46 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

To this day she still gets peeved talking about how people just don't get the fact that meals on flights are a courtesyextended by the airline, and not something automatically included in the overall price of the ticket. The airline is under no obligation to provide them.
You're kidding, right?
Old Aug 22, 2004, 6:54 pm
At Large

A friend of mine was working for Iberia's customer service depart when the exact same thing happened to them quite a few years ago. The airline did the best that it could, put nice little brown bagged sandwiches on the seats, and got a crap-load of complaints from people who felt that it was their entitlement to be served warm meals, drinks etc.. To this day she still gets peeved talking about how people just don't get the fact that meals on flights are a courtesyextended by the airline, and not something automatically included in the overall price of the ticket. The airline is under no obligation to provide them. So, all in all, it's a pretty nice thing if they make the effort to round up whatever they can when something like this hits.
Which isn't as easy as it seems, considering all the regulations that they have to deal with.
As much as this is the most Decent post you have made...you are still wrong headed about theway FFer's think..more messages for you to understand the big picture. We always welcome improvement though.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 6:56 pm
At Large

Duplicate post..sorry

Last edited by parnel; Aug 23, 2004 at 4:22 am Reason: duplicate post
Old Aug 22, 2004, 8:01 pm

Unfortunately, I would have to disagree as well. First, a strike at a supplier is something completely different than an "act of god" that the airline does not have control of (i.e. weather storm prevents catering operations) As the airlines end customer, I frankly dont nor should care how AC manages their supply chain.

Under your line of reasoning, as a paying J customer, I am not even "entitled to" my bigger seat and more leg room; -they are simply a courtesy extended to me by the airline. Nonsense. I am paying for a product, explicitly detailed in AC`s advertising and on their website, that is more than simply carriage from point A-B.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 9:29 pm

I agree with the majority view that in Business Class you are paying for more room, more comfortable seats and quality food service.

While things have gone downhill from the days when Air Canada had to compete with Canadian this still an expectation and even an implicit contract.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 2:18 am

You're kidding, right?
Well given that they usually make a lot less sense than a crack addict, how can you tell?
Old Aug 23, 2004, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by JohnOClark
While things have gone downhill from the days when Air Canada had to compete with Canadian..
Right, AC is responding to the demise of Canadian. Sigh.. another myopic comment about an airline, frozen in time, that fortunately cannot dissapoint, and could not evolve in this new era of air transportation as all other have because.. oh, yes,.. it's extinct.
I say we do comparables on Canadian vs TWA, PanAm and even Wardair.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 1:00 pm

Sincere wish to Westjet, Jetsgo, HMY, and maybe the future (and imaginary) Virgin Canada to be able to take advantage of this.....
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:33 pm

Tentative agreement has been reached. Vote will complete on Sat and it's expected that things will be back to normal by the end of the weekend.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Sandwiches, salad and some other crap in the domestic MLL tonight. Lots of beer though
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:37 pm

You should have ask for that meal voucher. Nothing beats going to Harvey's when you arrive in YYZ at 6am in the morning and having a greasy burger.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Couple more beers and I wont care about getting to YYZ. Anyway, luckily I got a good dinner at Milestones in the domestic terminal. Had to have a couple of drinks as my dinner date was not that hot
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:45 pm

Nothing beats the Cactus Club... check it out one of these days.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Strangely enough I was there last night and they had this waitress who was so pissy that AC should have made her an in-charge. Perfect attitude. Of course she was also young and cute, so........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.