Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Paging LondonElite (or any other UK based AC'ers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paging LondonElite (or any other UK based AC'ers)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2004, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite BA Blue
Question Paging LondonElite (or any other UK based AC'ers)

For the last 4 or so years I have been unable to find, either on-line or travel agents, anywhere where I can get a good deal on AC flights. I know that we pay more for our flights from the UK but can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have used the expedia's, opodo's, itn's etc but the best fare has quite often been on AC!!
Old Jun 28, 2004, 2:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Dr Woodsy

It's a bit of a minefield in the UK. I generally find that there is not much variation between travel agents offering good deals, but there are some consolidators out there that have good prices.

Generally I find Trailfinders to be the most useful overall travel agent but they don't always have the best prices (they do do fantastic deals on United, though). www.trailfinders.com (you cannot book on line).

I have found some very good deals on www.airline-network.co.uk including the famous 157 return flight to YYZ (including an op-up and a C$500 voucher).

A big consolidator for AC is www.travelpack.co.uk I've had some very good fares from them.

I'm sure you know that in the summer all the cheapies are snapped up quickly and at this stage you're probably looking at the better part of 700 for a flight to Canada before mid-September.

Regards
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Opodo (www.opodo.co.uk) sometimes has some stuff too.

But, if you want, you can always fly to BRU on BD and then fly on a second ticket to Canada. It's probably cheaper and more points to boot. (I have no clue why BRU-Canada is cheaper than LHR-Canada, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than Canada-BRU.)
Old Jun 29, 2004, 2:58 am
Suspended

Supply/Demand! I thought you were in university...what are they teaching you?!

I've done the same from AMS...much cheaper but you have to fly in an old crappy ex-CP 763.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:07 am

Flying from Brussels is a good option because you go back through Heathrow. Since you are allowed a connection time of 24hours, you can even do this the day before the flight and catch an early flight to YYZ.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite BA Blue
Thanks for that guys. I will look into the BRU option. ^
Old Jun 30, 2004, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Supply/Demand! I thought you were in university...what are they teaching you?!

I've done the same from AMS...much cheaper but you have to fly in an old crappy ex-CP 763.
I know, I know!!!

By the way, as a quick note as I just got back to YOW from BRU without my bag, keep an eye on the check-in agents in BRU -- they don't know some city codes and they f**ked up my bags and tagged them to the wrong city with the correct flight number...

(Heading back to BRU on Friday...)
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:27 am
Suspended

That's where travel insurance kicks in - I'd be out spending rather than posting!
Old Jun 30, 2004, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I already spent $500 on a new suit, shoes, shirt, belt, and suit bag. I'm tempted to go out and buy something else with the remaining allowance, but don't want to abuse it... But, I'll decide that tonight when I go shopping again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.