Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What do you think about TAP-Air Portugal joining STAR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think about TAP-Air Portugal joining STAR?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2004, 6:59 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I'm a bit non-plussed by TAP's inclusion in the alliance as well - *A is making some interesting choices. SAA, however, is a fantastic addition. ^

As for the comments re AirNZ, while everyone's experience is of course different, in my (reasonably frequent) experience their long international economy class product wipes the floor with the rest of the Star Alliance (with the possible exception of NH) and business class is pretty good as well, though let down by old-style seats (which the upcoming cabin refit of the long haul fleet will address). The lounges (LAX excepted) are generally pretty impressive too. I haven't experienced their first class product, so I can't comment on that. I also haven't experienced any real problems (unlike Why Fly), so I also can't comment on how well they handle such situations, but the fact that in about 50 flights with them over the last 3 or 4 years all has gone smoothly is a testament in itself. Don't get me wrong, NZ is far from perfect, but I'm telling you, if AC gave the level of service that NZ does day in, day out, there would be a whole lot less unhappy people on this board!

Which may of course beg the question: what am *I* doing on this board, lecturing you all on the joys of NZ? Because AC's frequent flyer programme is light years ahead of NZ's!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.