Lounge in FRA? what's it like

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2004, 6:02 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Lounge in FRA? what's it like

Hi All,

Have a trip to FRA in two weeks.... I dont think AC has a lounge there.. and instead uses the SEN LOUNGE.. Based on the board from FRA, the SEN lounges are a dissappointment..

Can anyone been there comment? Are there alternative nicer lounges?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 5, 2004, 6:15 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
well I'm assuming ur Star gold, so yes you can use the SEN lounges, I think they're better than the FRA business class lounges, which i personally thought were fine, however they are crowded and big. Theres also a RCC towards the US departures gates, but thats not really near the AC gates there.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The German thing: they do their best to make sure smoke flows from the smoking section, invading the entire nonsmoking area.

Showers are nice, but sometimes the line can get long. They page you when your time comes.

Limited food. Limited alcoholic selection. Good selection of newspapers. People generally pleasant and efficient.

Nowadays they have moved the watchdog outside the lounge, right at the door. Leaves the folks at the front desk with more time to deal with ticket issues. But they can't handle AC stuff: incompatible computers.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA- 1K &GS, DL- Diamond
The LH Senator lounges are usually very busy in FRA. If you have more than an hour the RCC lounge may be better.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 11:52 pm
exAC

I find the Senator lounges in FRA to be very cordial. If crowded you share a table with fellow travellers and I have talked with many interesting people.

Old Jun 6, 2004, 1:44 am

Very often you can get a more comfortable chair and environment outside of the lounge. They are notoriously smoky, and full. Lots of hard kitchen type chairs and tables that you can share.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 3:14 am
At Large

Originally Posted by UGS-2003
The LH Senator lounges are usually very busy in FRA. If you have more than an hour the RCC lounge may be better.

That's a long walk for not any more comfort or quiet IMO. The Senator lounges are ok but internet usage is expensive and RCC has no connections.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 7:05 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
FRA SEN lounges are now non-smoking

Thanks all for your feedback.

I just checked the LH board, and based on current development, all FRA SEN lounges are smoke free.

See link:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=4519
Old Jun 6, 2004, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACfly

I just checked the LH board, and based on current development, all FRA SEN lounges are smoke free.

See link:
That's good. Must be very new. On May 24, they were still smoking.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by ACfly

See link:
Unfortunately not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.