Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to "fight the Aeroplan bureaucracy"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to "fight the Aeroplan bureaucracy"?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2004, 12:05 pm

Talking I completely agree with you but...

the only way the company is ever going to do something about this fee is if our members got together and complained...NOT to the individual Aeroplan employee, like me, who has to listen to every single member complain, day in and day out, call after call, but to Rupert Duschene. Email him, fax him. I constantly suggest this to each member when they complain about the fee, but I don't think that most of you ever take the time to actually write something. Yes, customer opinion should count, but if no one voices their thoughts to our higher ups, how is anything ever going to get resolved???
I ALWAYS mention the dissatisfied customers to my manager, but he is much too concerned with my "talk time", and that I may be overservicing my clients. I am well aware of the limitations of the Aeroplan website.(I actually spoke with the man who started up the site and he says that it is just a matter of time before the entire site becomes useless- he advised that Aeroplan needs to start over, from scratch, to be able to compete with with other mileage program websites.
Sincerely, ACBratt
Old Jun 6, 2004, 12:28 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thumbs down

What part of FREE TICKET doesn't Errorplan understand?
Although a Business is not a Charity, it still has the obligation to deliver what it has promised, on pain of Breach of Contract &or Bankruptcy.

I am glad that I have only 1752 Aeropesos. I do not intend to earn any more whenever I have an alternative such as UA.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 4:19 pm

Just paid for three tickets

I completely agree. I just paid three service fees for a one way, and two with different return airpot. I was also advised these three tickets could not be booked on the net.
I also have never had any luck with complaint letters.
Like some of you I will always attempt to use an alternate carrier when possible.
At this point I can buy lounge and speed line access for a lousy $200 so why spend thousands accumulating Q miles.
Aeroplan is a seperate business and frequent fliers are not a good source of revenue hence the bad service.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 5:10 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Then should Aeroplan start giving us Aeroplan miles interest each month for banking the miles in our account and not using it?

Old Jun 6, 2004, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it's at the daily interesting rates setforth by the major chartered banks, then forget about it! Then again, maybe not such a bad idea since aeropesos will not depreciate in value any faster than real cash.

But given that there is currently such a high injection of aeropesos from AMEX, CIBC, Primus, and other such foreign direct investors, into the AP currency system, there should be inflation quite soon. With inflation will bring higher interest rates for aeropesos... But will also bring down the worth of aeropesos. What then?
Old Jun 6, 2004, 5:38 pm

For all those who suggest forming a group to protest the aeroplan booking fee, I suggest reading up on what has happened to date. There are two long threads from last summer http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20336 and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20267 which show our efforts.

When the fee was first announced, it was going to be added to online bookings as well. Not long after, AC announced that a fuel surcharge would also be added to many aeroplan tickets, both online and over the phone.

A few dozen FTers and others joined together to create The Alliance of Canadian Frequent Fliers which indirectly put the pressure on aeroplan to revoke all of the fees except the telephone booking charge as we see it today. At that time aeroplan promised to get the website up to snuff so that it could handle stopovers and other booking types. Although this has not happened as of yet, I think most aeroplan members consider the events of last summer an overall victory and will be satisfied once the additional booking options come online (delayed, understandably, due to the financial situation of AC over the past year).
Old Jun 7, 2004, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Former_Aeroplan_Employee
Very Simple

Call Aeroplan- You Will Be Charged
Book Online- No Fee

Now If You Cannot Book Online..that Does Not Mean You Will Not Be Charged By Phone..aeroplan Knows U Cannot Do Stopovers Online And It's Not Their Systems's Fault..buddy Ever Heard Of Business? They Are In A Business Like Banks,hotels..ect
If they offered equivalent services, then the phone charge I would accept it if I chose to use a live agent. When I have no option, except to not take the itinerary I want, then I resent the charge. I have paid the fees in the past, and I still don't see the enhancements they promised by collecting the fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.