Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR--shower on outbound?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2004, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
YVR--shower on outbound?

Flying to LHR out of YVR soon on a connection. Are there any showers available before boarding or are these only in the arrivals lounge?
Old Jun 1, 2004, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Now that the lounge is operated by the YVR Airport Authority, you might be able to pay to use it prior to your flight. Certainly would not be available as a SE perk. However, they would have to have changed the operating hours, as I believe it used to close at around 1pm, if not earlier. Don't the flights to Europe from YVR leave in the mid-evening? I would thnkg the spa at the Fairmont has an hourly rate for such things, though it is likely quite pricey.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Did I miss something? When did MLL become YVR operations?

Regardless, which lounge are you referring to with showers available for pre-boarding? Yes the flight to LHR leaves around 8pm.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You missed the post last week, though given FGII mislabeled it, no wonder. AC turned the lounge over to the airport authority because I suppose it was not performing well enough to keep open solely for AC fliers. However, with elites and J/C/F passengers off CX, SQ and the other Asian carriers, it could be viably run, which is why YVR has taken it on. AC premium customers and Es and SEs will still have free access, but AC will like pay the airport authority, as will other airlines. And anyone else willing to pay -- no idea what the charge is -- can also use it. The hours had been limited to the mornings, as I noted, since that's when most of the Asian flights arrive, and the idea is for business travellers to be able to clean up and do business before getting to their hotels [which might not have rooms ready that early in the day].

According to the folks at the AC Arrivals Lounge in London, SEs can use their lounge any time, whether flying or not, though it too closes shortly after noon.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I am pretty confident that the C gates "Empress" lounge has showers. Also, depending on how much time you have, the Fairmont provides for access to their fitness centre/pool area, including showers for $15 per day - it is a nice and relaxing facility.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 4:06 am

Programs: ACMM 50K, UA Platinum
On my last flight through YVR enroute to SYD, I had a shower during my 5 hour layover. Have no clue which lounge I was in, but it was definitely a departures lounge. It had those lovely lounge chairs by the window that look down over the terminal. Technically I was flying to the US as the flight stops in Hawaii.

Why not just e-mail or call the YVR concierge and ask?

Last edited by yulgirl; Jun 4, 2004 at 10:53 am Reason: remove e-mail address
Old Jun 2, 2004, 4:44 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Transborder and domestic MLL in YVR have showers. (International one doesn't)

yulgirl, it's best (and general practices here on FT) not to post private email address. Otherwise everyone will be emailing the YVR concierges even though they don't qualify to.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:55 am

Programs: ACMM 50K, UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Empress
yulgirl, it's best (and general practices here on FT) not to post private email address. Otherwise everyone will be emailing the YVR concierges even though they don't qualify to.
Thanks for the tip!
Old Jun 4, 2004, 3:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Just make sure you clear security in domestic area and don't go into international area. At least at night you can't go back to domestic once in international and then would have no access to shower. I regularly use the shower in the MLL next to C departure gates in YVR.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 2:31 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
At least at night you can't go back to domestic once in international and then would have no access to shower.
To get back to domestic or anywhere after you enter the international area regardless of time of day, you'll have to clear Canada Customs (along with explaining to them why you wanted to leave!).
Old Jun 6, 2004, 3:34 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
so have fun trying to do that at YVR and explaining to the customs officers why you're doing that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.