Wiki Posts
Search

Clarity on qualifying date range.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K, NEXUS/GE
Clarity on qualifying date range.

I keep hearing how the qualification for next year's status is in October, but the website says the following:

Reach Air Canada Altitude status based on the number of Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) earned on eligible flights operated by Air Canada and the Star Alliance member airlines between January 1 and December 31, 2016.

Which is it? Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by filthycasual
I keep hearing how the qualification for next year's status is in October, but the website says the following:

Reach Air Canada Altitude status based on the number of Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) earned on eligible flights operated by Air Canada and the Star Alliance member airlines between January 1 and December 31, 2016.

Which is it? Thanks!
The deadline for early qualification is in Oct. E.g. if you had earnt 100k miles in Jan. - June 2016, your status would've been upgraded immediately and status would've been valid until Feb. 2018 (and you would've received two sets of benefits).

If you were to fly 100k miles in Nov. 2016, your SE status would be valid from March 1, 2017 - Feb. 28, 2018.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G

Which is it? Thanks!
The benefit period for 2017 is March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018.

You qualify for this benefit period on flights that take off in calendar year 2016.

But, let's say you aren't E35K, for example, during 2016, but before the middle of October you meet all the E35K requirements. Then you immediately get that status for the remainder of the 2016 benefit period. We call this "Early Status Recognition", and there is a thread about that started by one of the most charming and respected members of this forum.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: Irrelevant

Which is it? Thanks!
A lot of what you're asking about is explained in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...on-thread.html.

Other information can be found in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...forum-faq.html

Last edited by jaysona; Oct 7, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.