Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Expands Regional Services with Luxury Motorcoach Land-Air Connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Expands Regional Services with Luxury Motorcoach Land-Air Connections

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:08 am

Makes comfort look like a good deal
Otherwise $150 each way??
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:25 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
UA also has bus flights from DEN to Fort Collins and from EWR to ABE. https://www.united.com/en-us/landline
Kitchener service might be successful because it's not easy getting to YYZ. However, there's already frequent GO bus service from Hamilton downtown to YYZ.

What AC is hoping is when someone from Hamilton searches YHM to YVR on Google Flight/Expedia, that AC would show up as an option.
sofasurfer and YYC009 like this.

Last edited by m.y; Feb 21, 2024 at 11:34 am
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by eastexpress
The interesting thing is the pricing, some flights I tried, there's no extra cost to add on the bus.
any cost savings on the YYZ airport improvement fees for these "connecting" pax?

Originally Posted by warrens
Completely and utterly useless for Hamilton. The bus goes to the AIRPORT which is in the middle of nowhere, not to the DOWNTOWN BUS TERMINAL.
​​​​​​
But didn't you read the press release?

Tens of thousands of cars will be off the streets just from this initiative. Hope those folks walking to the airport get a good price selling their unwanted cars.

​​​​​​The AC marketing team touting the hybrid electric planes didn't even mention that the downhill portions of the diesel bus journey are carbon neutral.
​​​​
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:36 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by expert7700
any cost savings on the YYZ airport improvement fees for these "connecting" pax?
​​​​
No, they pay the $35 fee for departing passengers.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:38 am

Programs: TK *G
GO Transit already offers 24/7 bus service from Hamilton downtown to YYZ, with 30-60min frequency.

It’s not clear in the press release, but I suspect AC busses will make intermediate stops along the way.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by SPG_Fan
Ditto - same for me.

Is there SQS or other points benefits associated with the bus segment?
Yes, you will earn redeemable points and SQMs/SQSs/SQDs on Landline departures.
SPG_Fan likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by songsc
​​It’s not clear in the press release, but I suspect AC busses will make intermediate stops along the way.
Which part of "non-stop" wasn't clear?
blue2002, wrp96, Flynn58 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by songsc
GO Transit already offers 24/7 bus service from Hamilton downtown to YYZ, with 30-60min frequency.

It’s not clear in the press release, but I suspect AC busses will make intermediate stops along the way.
Agree that for YHM it makes no sense for anyone in the city (maybe to catch people south of Hamilton?).
The GO bus goes to Pearson every frequently, get there in an hour, and costs $11. There is no public transport from downtown to YHM. And parking at YHM costs too much.

I can maybe see the appeal for YKF, since there is no reliable transport to YYZ.

We are 30 mins from YKF and 20 mins from YHM, but this would have to be very well timed to make use of, otherwise its much faster (and cheaper) just going to YYZ
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eastexpress
The interesting thing is the pricing, some flights I tried, there's no extra cost to add on the bus.

Others like this flight from Vancouver, is way cheaper if you end it in Toronto rather than Kitchener (cheaper to spend the $120 on a taxi)

So it's free if you buy Comfort? Which is the lowest fare I ever purchase, so... free?

Not that I ever want to go to YKF or YHM
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:32 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Agree that for YHM it makes no sense for anyone in the city (maybe to catch people south of Hamilton?).
The GO bus goes to Pearson every frequently, get there in an hour, and costs $11. There is no public transport from downtown to YHM. And parking at YHM costs too much.

I can maybe see the appeal for YKF, since there is no reliable transport to YYZ.

We are 30 mins from YKF and 20 mins from YHM, but this would have to be very well timed to make use of, otherwise its much faster (and cheaper) just going to YYZ
HSR does have busses to YHM. The 20 runs at least once every 30 min and as frequent as every 10 min. Ever since Amazon opened the fulfillment centre nearby, public transit services near the airport have greatly increased.

According to the press release, checkin and baggage checks will be done before boarding the bus, so I can see why they choose airports instead of downtown. Lots of cities worldwide have in-city terminals at airport train/bus stations and even certain hotels. I don’t see why Canada can’t have them.

From KW many people take GO train or bus to Bramalea then take 115 to YYZ. There used to be a bus company providing service from YYZ to London and possibility some other cities in Ontario, not sure if it’s still around.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Symmetre
I love the idea of it, but am not convinced it will be revenue neutral, much less profitable.
I would imagine Landline is taking the vast majority of the risk on this venture.

I wonder if the AC/QK CPA prevents this outfit from entering the YYZ-YXU market… it would be tough to be less reliable than Jazz on that route.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Shh

Originally Posted by YOWgary
This guy's been rolling to and from YUL for quite some time - TBH I was surprised to see it keep showing up once AF launched CDG-YOW.

I believe they run a similar service to Quebec City.

Hopefully AC don't get the bright idea to put a bus on between Ottawa and YUL.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:59 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

I like the idea of checking bags at the bus.

Any information if this service offers protection on a later flight in the case of trafic or other delays? That would also be a bonus.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:05 pm

It was predicted....
cedric, zkzkz, m.y and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:10 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Cloud Lounger
Hopefully AC don't get the bright idea to put a bus on between Ottawa and YUL.
I was thinking between YYC and YVR, but maybe that's just me being cruel.
kalderlake likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.