Wiki Posts
Search

AC achievements

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
AC achievements

In the gaming sense of secret, easter egg, etc (and not simply obvious progression like status), what would AC Achievements be?

And what have you unlocked?

I'll start:

OpUp'd on a A330
Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
10+ opups without any AC status before and after covid, mostly from lowest (K) fares
Shorthaul J, Longhaul PY and J.

No other airline has been this generous
Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
100% eUp clearance rate for the past 2 years! Mainly from PY and mainly international.

One time I wasn't charged the eUp copay, though I ended the year short of 50k by $100 SQD.
YOWgary, antistan and RangerNS like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Tier 1: SE on segments.

Tier 2: SE on segments with no connections.
ffsim, salteen, kalderlake and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:14 pm

Programs: hahaha
as an avid xbox player i'll try and incorporate relative amounts of gamerscore for harder-to-get achievements, might as well have them grant SQM or something idk. 1 GS = 1 SQM in terms of value if someone wants to re-evaluate them. go on TrueAchievements or something and find a game you've played to see how hard these can be. microsoft solitaire is a good one to compare

"Mile-High Marathoner" - Walk the length of the plane back and forth for a cumulative mile on the dreaded YVR-SIN flight. 100 SQM
"Economy Elite Epicure" - ask for, and finally actually receive, your Super Elite Air Canada Bistro benefit while seated in the rear cabin. 10 SQM

"Generous Guardian of the Skies" or "Prophetic Perk Presenter"- gift someone a status pass who booked a trip 300+ days in advance. 50 SQM
"I don't care how bad this looks" - revoke a status pass within 24 hours of your patron's flight. 150 SQM
"Altitude Alchemist" - incorporate a business class meal ingredient into your alcoholic beverage. if non-alcoholic, incorporate two, 50 SQM
"Triviality Trophy" - receive your 100th 20% goodwill voucher. 200 SQM
"Virtual Voyager" - follow 5x AC cabin crew on Twitter. 10 SQM
"CIBC makes me float" - Book your own $500 hotel when you meet your trip delay insurance eligibility conditions...beware of CIBC's claim times, though! 100 SQM
"VDB Baron" - get your 25,000th VDB dollar - 250 SQM
"Compensation Commuter" - have your compensation cheque (sic) sent to a U.S.-based address. 50 SQM
"Sky-high jackpot" - Have one of your employees trigger the TD Aeroplan Visa Business triple pay-out glitch 100 SQM
"I'll take Interac E-Transfer" - apply a companion eUpgrade to someone you met within the last 24 hours, but have them pay their own add-on. 25 SQM
"YYZ Disaster-to-International" - land at a YYZ D gate and have a flight depart from an E-Gate that is at least 2.00 kilometres away. Force yourself into USCBP Secondary if required to increase your distance. Do this with a 75-minute scheduled connection with a departure before 8:30 AM. 150 SQM
"Lynx Lockdown Legend" - A new player has joined YYZ T1 Domestic and Transborder. This achievement unlocks the next time they lock down the terminal...again 50 SQM
"Good luck with that claim!" - Have your travel Xbox console damaged by the airline, and receive a receipt for your inconvenience. 25 SQM

Last edited by asovse1; Feb 5, 2024 at 5:41 pm
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
25 consecutive trips without missing your connection in YUL, YYZ, or YVR.

(in 2023 this would be have been "2 consecutive trips" but it seems to have improved)
Transpacificflyer and The Lev like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by asovse1
"Mile-High Marathoner" - Walk the length of the plane back and forth for a cumulative mile on the dreaded YVR-SIN flight. 100 SQM
I always try to use the lav at the very back of the aircraft to get myself some forced exercise on long haul flights. Assuming it's 50m from the front to the back of the B773 (which doesn't have the range for YVR-SIN), it would require 16 trips to the loo to add up to 1 mile.
asovse1 and Transpacificflyer like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by songsc
I always try to use the lav at the very back of the aircraft to get myself some forced exercise on long haul flights. Assuming it's 50m from the front to the back of the B773 (which doesn't have the range for YVR-SIN), it would require 16 trips to the loo to add up to 1 mile.
773 is only 5m longer than the 789, so one pee per hour should still get you pretty close.
JTXC and karachi like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: AC P(easant)25K
"Official Language" - Spoke only French/English to GA/FA whose clearly isn't fluent in the other official language.
"Doesn't hurt trying" - Requesting E-Upgrade on Rapid Air flights as a 50K or lower on a weekday.
"You will have the Pasta or nothing" - Being last on the meal ordering list, No other meal options is offered
JTXC likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:10 pm

"Slimmed down widebody" - missed connection to a redeye transcon widebody is protected onto an A320, no other availability for 12h; "you're lucky to be getting anywhere in J". 0 SQM
"Gift card of doom" - repeatedly induces 500 internal server error on checkout. $127 lost forever
"Schedule change sadness" - 2 x widebody segments, west coast to Central America, schedule change now misconnects. All options with any availability are 3 segments or 20+ hours in YYZ or YUL (or both). Sorry honey we'll not be taking that trip
asovse1 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by jjclancy
"Gift card of doom" - repeatedly induces 500 internal server error on checkout. $127 lost forever
omg this cuts too deep, too soon
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
This is an amazing thread! Can I request we have more entertaining and lighthearted threads such as these please?
billdokes, PLeblond and kronos80 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:39 pm

Aeroplan 2.0 DLC, but AC has proven themselves to be the kind of game dev where predictably none of the achievements with this content drop are remotely relevant

"Making Friends in the Lounge" - say hi to the MLL mouse (or his "associates") as he continues his adventures across the MLL network! 50 SQM
"Sky Sudoku Sidekick" - Prompted to or not, help a cabin crew member with their mobile phone sudoku or crossword as they eat or meal or within 30 seconds of exiting the Y lavatory 75 SQM
"All You Can Eat" - brave the depths of the lavatory, performing a daring retrieval from the not-so-glamorous floor, showcasing a spirit of resilience and hygiene heroism at high altitudes 100 SQM
"If they came to hear me beg..." - Enter canada, sprint to the gate serving your next destination but wasn't bookable due to MCT, and get refused same day standby at least 30 mins before the departure of that flight 50 SQM
"Concierge Cookout Companion" - Get invited, for the second time, to a concierge's BBQ or other personal event in their neighbourhood 20 SQM
"High-flying? Or Crawling?" - Get cut off at the domestic MLL, only to grab another at the transborder partner lounge (an Alberta-only special) 25 SQM
"Standby Super Eclipse" - On a 014 ticket, initiate United's same-day standby, which puts you top of the list, and sneer down at the GS and 1K (with brag tags) at the gate 100 SQM
"Buh-bye!" - Fail to clear standby because a sneering UA Premier initiated their SDC entitlement and bumped you out of spite 50 SQM

and one that happened to me lately that drives me insane

"Eclipsed" - as a nonrev, fail to board because despite J3Y0, nobody remaining was eligible for op-up and your pass entitlement doesn't yet allow you anything above Y 250 SQM

More because I've been having a rough week
"Egg-ceptional!" - try three different omelettes in a rolling 7-day window from your departure point 20 SQM

Last edited by asovse1; Feb 5, 2024 at 5:52 pm
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:59 pm

Enter canada, sprint to the gate serving your next destination but wasn't bookable due to MCT, and get refused same day standby at least 30 mins before the departure of that flight 50 SQM
Arrive slightly behind schedule, make it to your connecting gate 30 minutes before boarding and be told that you had already been bumped to the next flight 5 hours later and your seat given away, since there was NO way that you could make the connection. 50SQM

Edit: Bonus 50SQM if your bag arrived on the earlier flight that you got bumped from!

Last edited by painintheuk; Feb 5, 2024 at 6:04 pm
Old Feb 5, 2024, 6:32 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I guess that this is what passes for "Earn Your Wings" in the post-pandemic era. Nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.