Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Refund for fees on cancelled Aeroplan booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:36 am
Original Poster

I booked a YYZ-YYC and YVR-YYZ multi-leg booking back in May. I noticed shortly before I was due to fly that for some reason the system had double booked me (I had one reference number for both YYZ-YYC and YVR-YYZ, but also 2 individual ones for each leg). I contacted Aeroplan and they confirmed the error and cancelled one of the bookings and said I would be refunded for the extra fees I had been charged for it (I received a confirmation email showing this as well which said it had been refunded to my credit card). This was mid-October. The email did say it may take up to 2 billing cycles for my credit card to reflect the refund.

As of now, I still haven't seen the refund on my credit card. I contacted Aeroplan and they opened a ticket to have it investigated last week. Yesterday I received an email saying they had looked into it and that it had indeed been refunded.

Does anyone here have any experience with something like this? How long does it usually take for a refund to show up on your credit card? I guess my next avenue would be opening a dispute with my credit card company....

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Any refund for me showed up in about 3 to 5 days. Note that the refund is dated the same day you bought the ticket, so if you are using software to download charges (say to Quicken or Money) you have to look back in May. Same with your credit card on line
billdokes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.