Wiki Posts
Search

2023 Aeroplan Unpacked e-mail

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:23 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
I see more countries visited than I can remember.

Then I realize they are also counting my *A partner flights.
I think it must also be counting a connecting country towards the total. I had 14 true countries, but two of those had no flights in or out, so it should read 12, but it reads 13, which I assume includes a connection in Warsaw even though I don’t think I actually went to Poland this year.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by tessy143
what transaction did you manage to earn 56,199 points in ? Impressive
My highest transaction listed was 55,216. It was an Air New Zealand flight from NSN-AKL. 216 SQM but 55,000 bonus as it was my first paid flight of the year and triggered the accumulated threshold rewards from the 200k rollover.
Symmetre, YOWgary and Adam Smith like this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Fun stats. Here are mine

Old Dec 24, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
I see more countries visited than I can remember. Then I realize they are also counting my *A partner flights.
Originally Posted by wjw
I think it must also be counting a connecting country towards the total. I had 14 true countries, but two of those had no flights in or out, so it should read 12, but it reads 13, which I assume includes a connection in Warsaw even though I don’t think I actually went to Poland this year.
The only way it reaches the total they listed for me is if they count every country I touched on Star Alliance this year, including Canada, including transit, including partners, and including rewards.

If they're not counting Canada, then I have some questions about how they know about my travels with KLM and Royal Brunei.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
But where are the useful stats?

Number of flight delays: 9
Number of days waiting for SQD error fix: 325
Number of schedule changes: 12
Number of minutes on hold for Air Canada: ∞
​​​​​
laner, billdokes, Symmetre and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
My highest transaction listed was 55,216. It was an Air New Zealand flight from NSN-AKL. 216 SQM but 55,000 bonus as it was my first paid flight of the year and triggered the accumulated threshold rewards from the 200k rollover.
Ah, that must be mine too.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 4:37 pm

Too bad they don't know include award flight tickets in the counter for miles flown :/
billdokes and vancouver25k like this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
The only way it reaches the total they listed for me is if they count every country I touched on Star Alliance this year, including Canada, including transit, including partners, and including rewards.

If they're not counting Canada, then I have some questions about how they know about my travels with KLM and Royal Brunei.
How extremely FOTSG of me to think I might have been the only AC Forum participant to have flown Royal Brunei this year.

As I am rather disloyal, AC/AE only stats are insufficient. I am lazy and am currently 3 years behind in my flightmemory entries, but at least it'll include Air Astana whenever I get to entering it.
Bohemian1, YOWgary and yulscs like this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:54 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
How extremely FOTSG of me to think I might have been the only AC Forum participant to have flown Royal Brunei this year.

As I am rather disloyal, AC/AE only stats are insufficient. I am lazy and am currently 3 years behind in my flightmemory entries, but at least it'll include Air Astana whenever I get to entering it.
Air Astana is lovely, eh? I wish AC would partner up (or if KC would consider joining *A).

Even their LCC FlyArystan is great. Truly a hidden gem of an airline.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 8:32 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Law of large numbers and all that.

I quite liked Royal Brunei; paid ~$250 for a CGK-BWN-SGN including a couple of days’ stopover in Bandar Seri Begawan.

I had planned to book Bamboo through AP, but when that wasn’t available Brunei was a great plan B.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
The feedback I gave them was that I would be willing to pay for something that I could customize a bit more and then have sent to me so I could mount as a real keepsake.

I think they could partner with a provider of those types of keepsakes.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YVR72
The feedback I gave them was that I would be willing to pay for something that I could customize a bit more and then have sent to me so I could mount as a real keepsake.

I think the cost of time for AC to set up that partnership exceeds the total lifetime revenue they'd receive from it.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by wjw
They've always done that.
Many years ago, when I got my "25 Years of Elite" map from AE, they listed Singapore as my number 2 " Top Destination".
At the time, I had visited Singapore only 3-4 times, but I was transiting 6-8 times a year on my way in and out of Jakarta.
So according to AC, I was visiting SIN twice as often as my "real" destinations.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: various
So..... Been an Aeroplan elite level member for 20 years, super elite for almost 10, MM as well.

I never got this email and I've never had this email. Wonder why?

Anyone else in the same boat?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by YVR72

That would be a neat personalized gift for MM status instead of a plane people may not keep, or even just at 2 or 3MM. Something that furthers the emotional connection to Air Canada really. I mean, a random gift worth a few hundred dollars is nice as well, but you think they'd do bettering more connection. Anyway, flight memory does something like that (but that's obviously self generated).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.