Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACV Now Earns SQD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
ACV Now Earns SQD

Another way to accumulate SQD just got announced:

gcashin likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:14 pm

Programs: TK *G
I am not sure if AC wants to boost the sales of ACV or just want to increase the number of elites, but it’s safe to conclude that AC is ok with increasing the number of elites.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
A page out of Delta's book.

I suspect that SQD for the CC spend status boosts is also coming, coupled with a potential increase in SQD requirements for all elite tiers.

Although isn't the 25% mostly just accounting for the flight portion of the package?
billdokes likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:01 pm

Programs: AC*SE
If only group flights booked via ACV counted for SQD...or booked into a class with full mileage earning!

25% here really does seem to just give you the equivalent of flight SQD. I wonder what the crossover is between status members and ACV clients.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
I wonder what the crossover is between status members and ACV clients.
It's going to get bigger now
Old Sep 27, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Too late for me this year. Our fall vacation was booked long time ago. But then, other than the vacations I travel OPM and as long as things will continue to go the way as they are going now (I found out yesterday that I'll land at IAD today), SQD won't be a problem. Now, should AC pull a Delta and switch to a purely spend based program, any contribution would be welcome.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
This makes sense as previously you got no AQD credit for the flight portion with ACV. So as other posters have mentioned the 25% probably roughly equates to the flight portion of the typical vacation package cost.

Glad they fixed this anomaly, even though too late for me this year.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I booked an ACV recently at the insistence of my in-laws and I can't imagine doing that again, even earning 25% SQD (which is still less than what I would earn booking the flights independently). It just seems worse in every way than booking the flights independently.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by TorTraveler
I booked an ACV recently at the insistence of my in-laws and I can't imagine doing that again, even earning 25% SQD (which is still less than what I would earn booking the flights independently). It just seems worse in every way than booking the flights independently.
But isn't the overall package cheaper if you book an all inclusive rather than booking flights + resort separately?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I can't imagine that I'd ever book an all inclusive anything, but if the ACV price is right, and some status mana, possibly. I'd certainly much rather book through ACV than Bobs House Of Travel (2003) Inc.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by SkyExplorerYYZ
But isn't the overall package cheaper if you book an all inclusive rather than booking flights + resort separately?
Not necessarily but it is possible. Some airlines unload capacity through their bundled fares when they don't want to undercut their published fares (even indirectly via the web site which is easy to price comparison shop). And some hotels do that too. But it's far from consistent. If you have a specific destination and hotel in mind you probably won't find it's any different to book through the package but if you're flexible there are definitely deals that show up regularly on some airline's packages.

Fwiw I'm kind of shocked ACV flights didn't count and this is the best they could do. BA always counted flights via their vacation packages and has had a *double* tier point promotion for their vacation packages for over a year and that's been minting many a silver and gold this year.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
Which Economy fare do these book into? I see M fare which is available on all but Latitude.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
Which Economy fare do these book into? I see M fare which is available on all but Latitude.
I recently booked a 4 day ACV package YYZ to Nassau. Significantly less expensive than booking flight and hotel separately. PNR lookup shows Standard Fare, G bucket.

However, unable to apply eUpgrades online (“not eligible”). Any idea why? Booking is 2 months away.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jaysfan13
I recently booked a 4 day ACV package YYZ to Nassau. Significantly less expensive than booking flight and hotel separately. PNR lookup shows Standard Fare, G bucket.

However, unable to apply eUpgrades online (“not eligible”). Any idea why? Booking is 2 months away.
I had the same problem with the connecting flight on a J reservation. The Q400 was subbed with a CR9 that month, but ACV refused to move us to J on that flight and I wasn't able to e-upgrade despite R9. At the end of the day we got an op-up.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Avis President's Club
Has anyone actually had these SQDs post? I have an ACV trip coming up that also happens to be booked in discounted rouge J (booking class C). Wonder what will actually show? That 25% of total package cost seems ... generous. Wonder if I will get COS bonus on the flight points too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.