Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 324 Deplaning from the rear door at YUL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium

Having an interesting deplaning experience with AC 324 right now (A330-300, YYC-YUL). We’ve pulled up between gates 56 and 58. For some reason, we’re deplaning via the rear door. I’m in 7K, and there’s a lot of grumpy passengers around me about having to deplane last! 😄

I’ve never experienced this before. Is deplaning via the rear door a YUL thing? We entered via the usual 2L at YYC.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
You're not alone, stuck in PY and there was a child in agony for a long time throughout landing, the gentleman behind me is super irritated.

Any news from the back, sorry I meant front?
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Having an interesting deplaning experience with AC 324 right now (A330-300, YYC-YUL). We’ve pulled up between gates 56 and 58. For some reason, we’re deplaning via the rear door. I’m in 7K, and there’s a lot of grumpy passengers around me about having to deplane last! 😄

I’ve never experienced this before. Is deplaning via the rear door a YUL thing? We entered via the usual 2L at YYC.
Interesting. FWIW, I flew this bird on AC321 YUL-YYC this morning and we boarded and deplaned using the normal 2L.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Interesting. FWIW, I flew this bird on AC321 YUL-YYC this morning and we boarded and deplaned using the normal 2L.
did they have an APU failure and have to start the engines at the gate in YUL? We had to in YYC
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YULYVR
You're not alone, stuck in PY and there was a child in agony for a long time throughout landing, the gentleman behind me is super irritated.

Any news from the back, sorry I meant front?
There’s a very young child up here (back here?) who was great during the flight. But, she’s not taking the long wait very well.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by YULYVR
did they have an APU failure and have to start the engines at the gate in YUL? We had to in YYC
Not that I noticed, but I was also listening to a podcast and not really paying attention.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:25 pm

Programs: TK *G
We’ve pulled up between gates 56 and 58.
Can you elaborate on this? Aircrafts generally can’t park outside of a spot, aka the nose wheels need to stay on the yellow centre line and no part of the aircraft shall be outside of the safety envelope line.

Both 56 and 58 are international gates. If the aircraft arriving from YYC and somehow ended up there, it makes sense to not use the jet bridge as it would lead passengers to international arrival.

Did they use stair or those special busses for deplaning?
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
Can you elaborate on this? Aircrafts generally can’t park outside of a spot, aka the nose wheels need to stay on the yellow centre line and no part of the aircraft shall be outside of the safety envelope line. If you are seeing gate 58 on the left and gate 56 on the right, you are at spot 58.

Both 56 and 58 are international gates. If the aircraft is arriving from YYC and somehow ended up there, it makes sense to not use the jet bridge as it would lead passengers to international arrival.

Did they use stair or those special busses for deplaning?
we are being deplaned on the buses for this exact reason

I'll try and grab a picture

we are between gates yes
songsc likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, finally made it to the back of the plane. Waiting for the next bus to arrive.

We landed over 45 minutes ago. This is a ridiculously slow method of deplaning!

EDIT: On the bus now. Looks like we are actually at gate 58 and connected.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 1, 2023 at 3:34 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:33 pm

Those busses are normally used for domestic narrow body flights parked at international gates and vice versa. Normally two busses are used, one for the front and one for the back. Using one bus at a time for a wide body isn’t gonna be fun.
gcashin likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

We’re the last group. Business class and flight attendants!

Took about 50 minutes to get to us.
Carfield, vancouver25k and songsc like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:35 pm

On the bus now. Looks like we are actually at gate 58 and connected.
I suspect the swing gates, 50 and 51, are already occupied, and this aircraft will be on an international flight.

On the bright side, not many airports use busses like this for deplaning, I have been trying to get on a bus at YUL for years but no luck lol.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 1, 2023 at 3:34 am Reason: Remove large quoted image
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
It's rare, but does happen at YUL.
Happened to me over a decade ago there.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by songsc
On the bright side, not many airports use busses like this for deplaning, I have been trying to get on a bus at YUL for years but no luck lol.
It is different! I’ve never experienced an airport bus that rises up to the deck before.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:40 pm

It is different! I’ve never experienced an airport bus that rises up to the deck before.
IAD and YUL are the only ones I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.