Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Lounge at YTZ - Aspire | Air Canada Cafe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2023, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

See screenshot from main AC page. Link has no info on this though…..
Old May 31, 2023, 11:03 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
See screenshot from main AC page. Link has no info on this though…..
So this was the imminent announcement. Seems like some wires got crossed in the reporting?
Old May 31, 2023, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Found this link…..

https://www.executivelounges.com/tor...ge-coming-soon
Old May 31, 2023, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
2. Nowhere in the article does it say "Pearson" or "YYZ"... isn't there some kind of Aspire lounge opening soon (or recently opened) at YTZ? That seems more plausible for matching the bolded statements.
So... this.

Though I was not expecting "Aspire | Air Canada Cafe".
vernonc likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 4:39 am

Programs: AC SE
This makes the most sense based on the coy description. It is also the most disappointing.
djsflynn and gcashin like this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: TK*G
YTZ Aspire Cafe

Official press release with regard to YTZ

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...831749591.html
Old Jun 1, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
How disappointing. This is certainly a contrast against the good 'ol days when all passengers at YTZ would have access to a defacto Café regardless of class of service (I don't know whether to call it the Porter Café or Air Canada Café but the offerings were similar).
CdnFlier and Cas23 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 7:51 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: posts up to here we carved out from the recent broader discussion about upcoming AC lounge plans.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 8:54 am
Git

Programs: AC 35K, Hyatt Globalist
Visually it looks great, disappointed that 35k no longer get's you access to these things.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
A lot of investment for just a few flights a day out of YTZ. With the Aspire partnership will be interested to see if there will be a path to entry for those flying Porter. I don't have any flights out of YTZ planned, but am arriving on one in August, guessing if they call it a Cafe they won't have access on arrival.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
A lot of investment for just a few flights a day out of YTZ. With the Aspire partnership will be interested to see if there will be a path to entry for those flying Porter. I don't have any flights out of YTZ planned, but am arriving on one in August, guessing if they call it a Cafe they won't have access on arrival.
The press release from the operator states:
The Aspire Lounge at Toronto City Airport will be open to all airport passengers regardless of airline or travel class.

Ron.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold
Low-cost and quick for AC, given that this is Aspire's lounge and they're just buying access. Still not sure I see the value proposition given the limited service out of Bishop (which I believe is further being curtailed this summer?), but I guess worth it for attracting business flyers on the YUL route.

Looking forward to checking it out on my next flight out of YTZ this weekend.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
So is this an AC Café, restricted to just AC J/*Gold/premium CC customers, or also open to some Aspire CC holders? Why is it called an Aspire | AC Cafe?
Old Jun 1, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by yvr76
So is this an AC Café, restricted to just AC J/*Gold/premium CC customers, or also open to some Aspire CC holders? Why is it called an Aspire | AC Cafe?
Aspire Lounges have nothing to do with an Aspire CC. They're operated by Swissport, available to Priority Pass, Loungekey, etc. members.

Ron.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by newfbc
The press release from the operator states:
The Aspire Lounge at Toronto City Airport will be open to all airport passengers regardless of airline or travel class.

Ron.
Is that the press release from months ago that said it would be opening months ago, or something more recent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.