Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Meal pre-orders can be done 30 days to 72 hours before departure for flights departing from the major hubs to most(?) intercontinental destinations.
Print Wikipost

AC introducing meal pre-ordering

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The pre-order is attached to the segment.

When an upgrade clears, the old segment is deleted, and a new one is added.

If you're upgraded, you lose the pre-order.
CanadianMike likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I'm flying in PY (assuming eup doesn't clear) from YYC to YYZ in a couple of weeks. The flight departs at 10am.

The meal pre-order is a dinner selection, rather than breakfast.

Is this a glitch?

I'd personally rather have a dinner item for brunch, than the pancake/omelet .

Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I'm flying in PY (assuming eup doesn't clear) from YYC to YYZ in a couple of weeks. The flight departs at 10am.

Is this a glitch?

No it is not. Most flight departing for YYZ after the early morning offer lunch, maybe based on the fact you arrive in YYZ mid/late afternoon.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Diabeetus

Is this a glitch?

Not sure exactly what the cut-off is for breakfast, but 10 AM is lunch-time in the AC world...I guess they are assuming that with taxi/climb/drink service the actual food is served closer to 1130 on a lot of flights and people wouldn't have starved themselves in the AM to have the world infamous AC omelet or pancake.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by billdokes
Not sure exactly what the cut-off is for breakfast, but 10 AM is lunch-time in the AC world...I guess they are assuming that with taxi/climb/drink service the actual food is served closer to 1130 on a lot of flights and people wouldn't have starved themselves in the AM to have the world infamous AC omelet or pancake.
I for one am sick of getting breakfast even as late as 9:00 on AC 34 (or its earlier numbers), YVR-YYZ. If I'm on a flight that departs at 9:00, you can bet that I've been up for hours and I've already had breakfast, whether in my Vancouver hotel or connecting from a TPAC flight. I want lunch!
Old Apr 5, 2024, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
I for one am sick of getting breakfast even as late as 9:00 on AC 34 (or its earlier numbers), YVR-YYZ. If I'm on a flight that departs at 9:00, you can bet that I've been up for hours and I've already had breakfast, whether in my Vancouver hotel or connecting from a TPAC flight. I want lunch!
I for one am sick of getting lunch as early as 10:00. If I'm on a flight that departs at 10:00, you can bet that I've been up for at most 60 minutes prior to my first flight and I haven't had time to eat breakfast, whether at home, in the MLL, or connecting from a Q400. I want breakfast!
Old Apr 5, 2024, 3:29 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
It would appear that you can't keep all of the people happy any of the time.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I for one am sick of getting lunch as early as 10:00. If I'm on a flight that departs at 10:00, you can bet that I've been up for at most 60 minutes prior to my first flight and I haven't had time to eat breakfast, whether at home, in the MLL, or connecting from a Q400. I want breakfast!
if I'm on an AC flight at 10am, with a meal choice, there is a good chance I've already eaten two parsley omelets, and wondered, twice, what that red stuff is.
allbrosca and the810 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Is YVR-SIN not a pre-order route? I'm in PY and I don't see the option on AC website.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:44 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
What do the icons mean next to the choices (plane with fork/knife below), can't seem to find a legend anywhere. I saw JF icon in previous posts, guess that is Jerome Ferrer

Got the email for a YUL-FCO flight on May 29, I will search the catering thread to see the ones (if any) to steer clear of.

Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
What do the icons mean next to the choices (plane with fork/knife below), can't seem to find a legend anywhere. I saw JF icon in previous posts, guess that is Jerome Ferrer
It's the Hawksworth special.
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ml#/chef-david
Admiral Ackbar and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 8:14 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
I received the pre-order email about 25 days before my mid-May J YYZ-LHR flight. We picked our choices, saved them, and received the confirmation email. A few days later the icon on the website to change meal disappeared. When I click on the "update your meal" button in the confirmation email I get directed to the AC website but it says there are no menus found for my booking. Has anyone had this happen to their choices before? Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2024, 8:27 pm

Programs: AC E75K (*G) | Mariott Platinum | Hilton Gold | Nexus
Originally Posted by chicago747
I received the pre-order email about 25 days before my mid-May J YYZ-LHR flight. We picked our choices, saved them, and received the confirmation email. A few days later the icon on the website to change meal disappeared. When I click on the "update your meal" button in the confirmation email I get directed to the AC website but it says there are no menus found for my booking. Has anyone had this happen to their choices before? Thanks
It happened to me for my upcoming YYZ-YVR this Sunday and has been brought up as happening for TATL and TCON routes out of YYZ in the gate gourmet strike thread Gate Gourmet strike at YYZ (impact on AC) Other than it probably being strike related and being a recent occurrence on only some flights (the metrics for which get chosen being unknown) I don’t think there’s any more info on it.
chicago747 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Not me. . I am usually connecting from a TPAC along with the 50+ others on my flight and we don't want the omelette and greasy chicken innards sausage.
allbrosca likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 6:11 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by neilk99
It happened to me for my upcoming YYZ-YVR this Sunday and has been brought up as happening for TATL and TCON routes out of YYZ in the gate gourmet strike thread Gate Gourmet strike at YYZ (impact on AC) Other than it probably being strike related and being a recent occurrence on only some flights (the metrics for which get chosen being unknown) I don’t think there’s any more info on it.
When your meal selection disappeared did it affect your ability to change flights or check in? When I look for new flights i get the following error message below....which was not the case before the menu went away:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.