Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Croatia Airlines - can't book with Aeroplan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Croatia Airlines - can't book with Aeroplan?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Question Croatia Airlines - can't book with Aeroplan?

I noticed that when looking for flights from YYZ to Croatian cities like Zagreb, none of the flights with a leg operated by Croatia Airlines are showing up in search results when booking with Aeroplan points. If you're booking with cash, those flights show up.
This is despite the majority of the flight being Air Canada (eg. YYZ to FRA), with only a short flight (1-2h) to get to Croatia. The only option to book the trip with Aeroplan is on routes that have the last leg operated by Lufthansa.

My goal is to get the redeye flight booked in business class, ideally with points so as to not be paying $3k one-way. I don't have Aeroplan status, so eUpgrades aren't an option. Are bid upgrades the only way forward here? Also, is it unusual for connections with a Star Alliance airline to not be bookable with Aeroplan? Seems kind of odd to me.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
There is probably no award availability on the Croatian legs, which is why it does not show up as an award.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: AC 25K, Aeroplan Amex Reserve
Just checked some random days and I’m not seeing anything.

I flew YYZ/CDG/DBV, SPU/ZAG, and ZAG/FRA/YYZ in J reward this summer with everything except the YYZ legs on Croatian.
D582 and starlink like this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FinsToTheLeft
Just checked some random days and I’m not seeing anything.

I flew YYZ/CDG/DBV, SPU/ZAG, and ZAG/FRA/YYZ in J reward this summer with everything except the YYZ legs on Croatian.
Hmm, good to hear that it was doable in the past. I wonder if reward seats will show up sometime in the new year, maybe it's a manual process to publish them.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
Still no Croatian Airlines award availability unfortunately.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ronjames
Still no Croatian Airlines award availability unfortunately.
Yeah, I don't think we're getting any for a very long time 🙁

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.