Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC or ANA to fly to Tokyo from Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2022, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Hi! I’m researching flights options for Japan (one way) for November next year. I am hesitating if to book a direct flight from YUL to NRT for 53.8k with air canada or to fly YUL - YVR and YVR - HND for 44k with ANA There is a big difference between flying with AC and ANA to Japan? It’s better to land in HND?
Also I found J seats for 55k with ANA from YVR just for one day on December (I need to leave earlier in November). Do you think there will pop up more J seats for that price in the near future or better to lower my expectations and book economy either AC or with ANA. Thank you.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:00 pm

Economy ANA is better…. Also my preference would be to stretch my legs in Vancouver.
neuspla likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! Even if it’s tempting to take a direct flight it’s also tempting to save those aeroplan for the other flights in Asia, to fly with ANA and land in HND
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
ANA economy would be the choice I would make!
neuspla and expert7700 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:33 pm

I am trying to get 5 one-way from YYZ to TYO for next december just for xmas and wondering if anyone has ever seen 5 ANA flights? The AP flights are all over the place!
rt23456p likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
ANA economy would be the choice I would make!
ANA Y feels like other carriers' PY product. Something close to 34" legroom, and a very small Y cabin because ANA has so many premium seats raking up 2/3 of the planes.
neuspla, lotte and D582 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by sagsal
I am trying to get 5 one-way from YYZ to TYO for next december just for xmas and wondering if anyone has ever seen 5 ANA flights? The AP flights are all over the place!
Not at any price you would want to pay.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Another question. With ANA economy is included checked baggage? And early seat selection? I don’t see an option on aeroplan to select seats or baggage with ANA but I see it with AC. I have the TD aeroplan credit card for checked baggage with AC but that’s another thing to consider if we fly with ANA…

In 2019 I booked an AC / United flight YUL - SFO - Singapore and we didn’t chose our seats, the time to check in my husband and I were separated and it was impossible to change/buy the United seats because the the checkin was with AC and they didn’t allow seat changes on United. It was a 17h flight and we were on different seats, the same in our return SFO - YUL with AC. I don’t want this to happen again , or maybe to book the flights separately to avoid this.. what do you think? Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Not sure if it lines up with your dates, but I'm seeing SQ11 on 11/7, 11/13 and 11/20 with seats. Combine that with a cheap revenue/points fare from YYZ, it could be decently fun.

There's an F out of ORD on 11/14..., too

To answer your question, I really like ANA economy and that would be my choice
neuspla likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by neuspla
Another question. With ANA economy is included checked baggage? And early seat selection? I don’t see an option on aeroplan to select seats or baggage with ANA but I see it with AC. I have the TD aeroplan credit card for checked baggage with AC but that’s another thing to consider if we fly with ANA…

In 2019 I booked an AC / United flight YUL - SFO - Singapore and we didn’t chose our seats, the time to check in my husband and I were separated and it was impossible to change/buy the United seats because the the checkin was with AC and they didn’t allow seat changes on United. It was a 17h flight and we were on different seats, the same in our return SFO - YUL with AC. I don’t want this to happen again , or maybe to book the flights separately to avoid this.. what do you think? Thanks
I'd take ANA Y over AC Y a million times as a reward. ANA will include baggage and seat selection after the reward is made.
aquanine, lotte, truncated and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
ANA over AC 100% of the time in all equivalent classes.

The hard and soft product of ANA beats out AC in every way (regardless of what the seat specs say).
m.y, aquanine, truncated and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:52 pm

I'd take ANA Y YVR-TYO as well.

I remember the ice cream, in particular.
neuspla and lotte like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by neuspla

Checked baggage included.
Seats-if ANA you should be able to book them via Aeroplan immediately (at least for business you can do that). I

Remember, you have 24 hours to cancel any Aeroplan booking without cost if there is something you don't like about it
neuspla likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:34 pm

Doesn't matter which class, ANA is the way to go, over AC
neuspla likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by fysloc
ANA over AC 100% of the time in all equivalent classes.

The hard and soft product of ANA beats out AC in every way (regardless of what the seat specs say).
Originally Posted by SaintsFanInVan
Doesn't matter which class, ANA is the way to go, over AC
I'd rank AC's hard product a touch higher than NH's 787s. Those staggered seats are quite narrow, and you get zero privacy on aisle seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.