Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Any Chance getting Y cabin Bistro Service while sitting in J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador

I have a lot of upcoming J cabin flights which will cater breakfast.

I used to love Air Canada omelets (not a big fan of chicken sausage, though), but have got rather fed up after eating 100+ (?) of them.

Given the alternatives are not inspiring (French Toast and Pancake?), I wonder what other options are.

I see a Bistro Service appears to be available on such morning flights, and wonder if I can ask the FA to give me some meals from the Bistro menu.

Charcuterie Board and Cheese Plate look really good.

Anyone having such experiences to share?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I don't know if there's an official policy on this or not - but when my kid travels in J we'll often ask for one of the bistro meals as opposed to the hot entrees, and they've always obliged.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ywgckp
I don't know if there's an official policy on this or not - but when my kid travels in J we'll often ask for one of the bistro meals as opposed to the hot entrees, and they've always obliged.
Great. Will certainly try that on the next trip and share the results with everyone looking for a change for breakfast!
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:05 am

On an eUpgrade once the SD came to me with my son 6 and told me we could have the regular meals or my son could have Pizza from the Bistro. She was very discrete so I could make the choice without my son hearing it, I appreciated that. He had the pizza.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
If I'm not into the J meals I'll often ask the FA for the fruit and cheese plate from the back. They've always obliged. Many of them will also ask if I want the tray (with the main replaced with the item from the back) or just the item.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
There is a limit to how many cheese plates anyone can eat, but indeed, they're sometimes a nice break from the omelette. The pancake thing is just revolting, did it once and will never repeat.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: AC SE
I'll eat the amenity kit before I eat another one of those omelets. I usually just wait and buy something after landing, but in the future will try this and ask for something from the back.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JCKOTT
discrete
Fairly sure JCKOTT hit the keyword here 👍

Has anyone tried swapping a Omelet with the Warm Turkey Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I think I've only done this once since COVID, and had no issue*, but pre-COVID, I'd say it was 50/50 for asking me to pay for the Bistro items.

*My AC mask made them think I was crew at first and I was really confused at the response, but once she checked the manifest I got what I wanted.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:01 pm

I think there are no limited for j meals
Old Dec 13, 2022, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think I've only done this once since COVID, and had no issue*, but pre-COVID, I'd say it was 50/50 for asking me to pay for the Bistro items.

*My AC mask made them think I was crew at first and I was really confused at the response, but once she checked the manifest I got what I wanted.
Since now it appears SEs got free Bistro items even sitting in the Y cabin, it appears to be reasonable and logical we can also have them in the J cabin, too.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Since now it appears SEs got free Bistro items even sitting in the Y cabin, it appears to be reasonable and logical we can also have them in the J cabin, too.
SEs get one free snack item in Y.

Not "Bistro items", and not in J.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

You are correct. I forgot meals do not qualify. I've got FAs saying it was meal OR alcoholic drink and snack so that might be where I got the wrong information from.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
You are correct. I forgot meals do not qualify. I've got FAs saying it was meal OR alcoholic drink and snack so that might be where I got the wrong information from.

YMMV with this.. recently on a Rouge flight in Y I was offered a Meal or Drink plus 2 snacks (Which is actually the Latitude benefit).

Officially it's a drink and a snack.. but I've found them to be flexible.
Subject to the product selection available on their flight, Aeroplan Super Elite Members can enjoy one free alcoholic beverage and one free snack item when travelling on Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada Rouge in Economy Class.

Ron.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newfbc
YMMV with this.. recently on a Rouge flight in Y I was offered a Meal or Drink plus 2 snacks (Which is actually the Latitude benefit).

Officially it's a drink and a snack.. but I've found them to be flexible.
Subject to the product selection available on their flight, Aeroplan Super Elite Members can enjoy one free alcoholic beverage and one free snack item when travelling on Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada Rouge in Economy Class.

Ron.
I got a Bar Trio in a Rouge flight with a Comfort Fare. Guess these benefits got stacked up, but it could just be FAs making their own rules

Cannot complain though. Bar Trio was pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.