Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking 24 hour cancelation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
Award booking 24 hour cancelation

Hi all, is the award booking within 24 hour cancelation of booking for free option only available for Air Canada operated flights or is it for any airline? I see a sweet combination that I cannot pass up but need to sleep on it. I would be booking on aircanada.com using Aeroplan points.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:10 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Any booking on aircanada.com (and direct to most other airlines) have a 24h free cancellation period.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:56 am

Changes to existing booking

I have a case where I had an existing booking and I added a leg yesterday. I paid the change fee. Does the 24hr rule apply? Meaning, can I cancel the change from yesterday (remove the added leg) and get back to my original booking and get back the change fee?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by FFSaver
I have a case where I had an existing booking and I added a leg yesterday. I paid the change fee. Does the 24hr rule apply? Meaning, can I cancel the change from yesterday (remove the added leg) and get back to my original booking and get back the change fee?
No - not as far as I know. Change fees are always non-refundable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.