Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Weird Flight in my calendar from "Yute Air Alaska". Related to future AC booking....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird Flight in my calendar from "Yute Air Alaska". Related to future AC booking....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
My son is flying to PRG through BOS and FRA on Tuesday. AC to Boston and Lufthansa the rest of the way.

I was just in my Outlook calendar and some reservations just appeared for Sunday YHZ-FRA on Yute Air Alaska 75, which I assume is Eurowings Discover, then FRA-PRG on Lufthansa. It says the passenger is my son, and the check-in link takes me to AC. The flights appear twice under 2 different booking references.

Eurowings Discover does fly YHZ to FRA (Flight 75), but not on Sundays, and not at the time listed.

Neither booking reference is valid on AC, Lufthansa, cowtool, etc. Weird

This is the 2nd flight that showed up. This one is an actual flight....

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 2, 2022 at 11:39 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
4Y is indeed the airline code for both Eurowings and the now defunct Yute Air Alaska
Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:47 am

Reminds me of My Cousin Vinny.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by pmblinn
Reminds me of My Cousin Vinny.
pmblinn likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
That's the one! I was too lazy to find a link.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:15 am
Original Poster

My son is flying to PRG through BOS and FRA on Tuesday. AC to Boston and Lufthansa the rest of the way.

I was just in my Outlook calendar and some reservations just appeared for Sunday YHZ-FRA on Yute Air Alaska 75, which I assume is Eurowings Discover, then FRA-PRG on Lufthansa. It says the passenger is my son, and the check-in link takes me to AC. The flights appear twice under 2 different booking references.

Eurowings Discover does fly YHZ to FRA (Flight 75), but not on Sundays, and not at the time listed.

Neither booking reference is valid on AC, Lufthansa, cowtool, etc. Weird

I assume this is somehow an AC IT issue, as AC bookings are linked to my outlook calendar, but I have no idea how to explain it....
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
This is probably Outlook trying to be smart and placing appointments in your calendar based on emails in your inbox.

Or you enabled the synchronization between your AC mobile app and your calendar? That should only show what AC syncs to your calendar and wouldn’t show Yute Air…
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
This is probably Outlook trying to be smart and placing appointments in your calendar based on emails in your inbox.

Or you enabled the synchronization between your AC mobile app and your calendar? That should only show what AC syncs to your calendar and wouldn’t show Yute Air…
Very specific appointments with flight numbers, booking references and my son's name.

His flights next week are booked on AP points and include AC and Lufthansa and the airline code for Yute Air is now Eurowings Discover, with is owned by Lufthansa.

There is some connection there, but there is no logical explanation for how these specific appointments showed up in my calendar.

My AC app has not updated since June.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:49 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Very specific appointments with flight numbers, booking references and my son's name.
Did he forward you the confirmation email at some point? I'm not sure this is an AC issue so much as an Outlook issue. Gmail can parse e-mails and automatically add things to your calendar, and I think Outlook can do the same. I turned off this feature in Gmail partly because it was constantly adding flights that my parents or friends booked and then forwarded me the confirmation e-mails when they had problems or wanted advice about something.
arf04 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Did he forward you the confirmation email at some point? I'm not sure this is an AC issue so much as an Outlook issue. Gmail can parse e-mails and automatically add things to your calendar, and I think Outlook can do the same. I turned off this feature in Gmail partly because it was constantly adding flights that my parents or friends booked and then forwarded me the confirmation e-mails when they had problems or wanted advice about something.
My assumption is that it is a metadata issue, so yes likely Outlook is causing the problem by reading the metadata incorrectly. I have had 4Y flights show up in my Apple/Ipad Calendar. Given that Finnair is operating some of the 4Y flights, it might be just as much novelty to have them operated by Yute Air
Old Sep 2, 2022, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No, I booked the flights 2 months ago, and nothing has changed since, other than asking concierge to accept a small schedule change. There was never anything close to the flights or dates in any of my emails. The first flight does not even exist at that date/time.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
No, I booked the flights 2 months ago, and nothing has changed since, other than asking concierge to accept a small schedule change. There was never anything close to the flights or dates in any of my emails. The first flight does not even exist at that date/time.
Do you have an email in your inbox with the booking details though? Outlook and Gmail parse through those emails and can automatically suggest/add appointments to your calendar. It could be Outlook parsing the info in the email incorrectly, thus creating appointments that do not align to your actual flight bookings.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Do you have an email in your inbox with the booking details though? Outlook and Gmail parse through those emails and can automatically suggest/add appointments to your calendar. It could be Outlook parsing the info in the email incorrectly, thus creating appointments that do not align to your actual flight bookings.
Nothing in my emails even remotely close to the dates/time/routes. There are 2 calendar entries for the same flight with different booking references (which link to Air Canada). The correct routes/flights/dates/time were picked up and added to my calendar, but suddenly these other flights were added on different dates/times. One of the newly added flights actually exists, but the other one does not.

I suspect you are somewhat right that it is a metadata issue, but I am just not sure where it came from or how it happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.