Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC recognizing status earned through 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC recognizing status earned through 2023

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by The Lev
Wife Lev who was gifted E50K status a couple of years ago and since has had it rolled over thanks to Covid extensions got notification that her E50K has been renewed for 2023 based on hitting the $30K of credit card spend - so this confirms that those who did not "earn" their status by flying can still get it rolled over under the credit card $30K spend promo.

Like some others who have posted here, despite having again earned SE for 2023 the old fashioned way months ago, the website still says I have status until the end of 2022.
I completed the $30K spend I think by Apr and SQM/SQD by May and just got the email Congratulations you qualified for 2023 SE today. Must be some sweep has begun. No mention of CC spend, just SQM/SQD.
You’ve successfully requalified for Elite Status with the Status Qualifying Miles (SQM), Status Qualifying Segments (SQS) and Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD) you earned by flying, as well as any SQS and SQM boosts earned with your Aeroplan credit card.

Continue enjoying these exciting benefits and many others through 2023:
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Platinum
Smile SE via CC spend email

Originally Posted by gigafishing
Status shows valid through Dec 31, 2023 on AC app card and Status page on website, and they didn't requalify via SQM/SQD.
Same here, I am now SE through to Dec 31, 2023

My email clearly stated my Status Super Elite was from spending $30k on credit card

Last edited by daltimas; Aug 29, 2022 at 12:22 pm
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by gigafishing
Has anyone with the US Chase Aeroplan card seen their status update through 2023 yet?
me. (75K)

I have enough SQD for SE but still need more SQM. Will hit it later this fall for the first time! Pretty excited.
gigafishing likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
Finally got confirmed for SE 2023.

So those benefit options are an IT glitch? Because I would sure like free wifi for the rest of the year.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AC E75K
For those among us finding their dashboards not reflecting 2023 status, I received an update from AC:
The Dashboard team got back to me, and you are right – you should be seeing 2023 on your Aeroplan Dashboard right now.

They let me know that there is currently a defect affecting some customers and the fix should be implemented in the next few weeks for the 2023 status to show up correctly on your dashboard.

You don’t have to worry though – as they confirmed you will have status through 2023 as you achieved this in July!
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Do you think AC will actually recognise us folks who flew in 2023 to earn their status, perhaps a rollover of what we earned this year by flying and spending SQD?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rau90
Do you think AC will actually recognise us folks who flew in 2023 to earn their status, perhaps a rollover of what we earned this year by flying and spending SQD?
Optimist ? :-)
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:55 am

Just a bit, I think it would be received well amongst us who actually fly and spend the money
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Mine updated today. New benefit as well - $20 off a round trip.
That's probably earned from Uber trips
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:36 am

You're able to fly into the future?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: IHG Gold
I doubt that.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
You're able to fly into the future?

Sorry! I meant to say 2022
capedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I hope not. It's not very useful for people who are REALLY flying, and it just creates another scenario where people will have their 2024 status artificially inflated.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Lol I feel like I'm the only one out here who qualified through 'normal' SQx from flying. But 2 weeks after meeting my SQM + SQD threshold, my SE status still shows expiring 2022. I do have the Chase card but didn't use it enough.

Anyone else who just qualified through normal flying have their 2023 status reflected?
FWIW, I've received the splash notice that I've requalified for SE through 2023, ostensibly triggered by my last AC flight from Sep 1 being credited today.

Can someone confirm whether I should be offered any select benefits at this point if I'm requalifying for the same status?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
You will get the normal benefits selection at the end of the year, nothing for now except the normal gifts/bonuses for additional SQM and SQD accumulation.
capedreamer and Adam Smith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.