Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Checked Baggage Responsibility Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Checked Baggage Responsibility Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Stranger
You would need to phone. They put a note in both files. I sometimes do that when travelling with my wife and we are on different files. So that if, say, they change our seats, they still try sitting us together. Actually happened onan LH flight not too long ago, they shortened the business section ao our seats were then in Y. They moved us to the same row further up front. Together.
So you see the itineraries above. Do I just call Aeroplan and Thai Smile and ask them to "cross-reference" their ticket number to the other ticket? Dunno if it matters but Thai Smile isn't a full member of Star Alliance, they are a "connecting partner".

Do you have to have status on either to do this?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RoninTech
So you see the itineraries above. Do I just call Aeroplan and Thai Smile and ask them to "cross-reference" their ticket number to the other ticket? Dunno if it matters but Thai Smile isn't a full member of Star Alliance, they are a "connecting partner".

Do you have to have status on either to do this?
You can call, and just tell them to note you are arriving on [flight number/date/PNR] before/after your flight. It will go in the notes section, which is an open field that agents can access. No status needed.

that is, if they want to or are looking for notes. It will do nothing if an automated system is doing something (ie, rebooking due to cancel), so it won’t, say, ensure your rebooked flight is still after your original across PNRs. Important to point out, again, it’s completely manual and only seen by agents if they look there. So might help, but in many situations, won’t.
RoninTech likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.